Send Topic Print
NEW PARTS (Read 129 times)
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
NEW PARTS
12/13/10 at 12:21:01

GOT YOUR ATTENTION. HAD THE RIGHT KNEE REPLACED ON DEC.7, BACK HOME ON THE 9TH. EVERY THING WENT WELL AND I'M UP WALKING ON IT WITH THE AID OF A CANE. SINCE THIS IS THE SECOND KNEE REPLACEMENT,HAD THE LEFT DONE 3YEARS AGO,I KNEW WHAT TO EXPECT. JUST NEED WARM WEATHER AND SOME TIME TO GET RIDING. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A GREAT HAPPY NEW YEAR. WILL POST PICTURES WHEN I GET BACK ON THE SWEET LADY FOR A RIDE.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Re: NEW PARTS
Reply #1 - 12/13/10 at 12:27:39

Glad it went well for ya!  Don't let up on the physical therapy once it's time for it.  The knees may be replacements, but the muscles and ligaments are what make 'em work!

OK -- two comments:

I guess this means you're on a "kneed to know" basis now.

And...

Don't forget to include a donation to the United Knee-grow College Fund.  If their research works out,  if those metal ones give you problems you'll be able to just grow some replacements.

Huh  Groan   Grin

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 12/13/10 at 12:39:40

drharveys - FSO wrote on 12/13/10 at 12:27:39:
Glad it went well for ya!  Don't let up on the physical therapy once it's time for it.  The knees may be replacements, but the muscles and ligaments are what make 'em work!

OK -- two comments:

I guess this means you're on a "kneed to know" basis now.

And...

Don't forget to include a donation to the United Knee-grow College Fund.  If their research works out,  if those metal ones give you problems you'll be able to just grow some replacements.

Huh  Groan   Grin

Awww doc, he didn't kneed that!   Grin  Grin

Congrats Jimmer!  Glad everything went well.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 12/13/10 at 16:13:37

Jimmer, was there any downside to the knee repacement? My wife's knees are just about worn out and she is thinking about a full replacement for both. Good to hear you will be back in the saddle soon.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #4 - 12/13/10 at 19:29:22

Glad to hear everything went well! Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #5 - 12/14/10 at 12:33:39

Mr Ed
As far as I've experienced, never had a problem. I continued refereeing soccer and everything I did before the first replacement. I don't expect any problems with this one either. Even the therapy does not seem to bother the knee to much. Great time to have this done. 19 degrees, 30  mph wind gusts, and outside temp feels like 10 degrees. Ed, your wife will never regret the replacement, but only on at a time. A friend had both done at one time and he did suffer for about 6 months. Just a real slow recovery process. Take care everyone.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #6 - 12/14/10 at 19:37:13

Wife had bilateral knee replacement three years ago. Back at work in six weeks. Main trouble with doing both is you don't have a leg to stand on, so to speak, during therapy. She didn't want to be put under but once, so did both. Therapy was the key to full recovery. About 300,000 a year done. Over 90 percent success rate, I believe. I laughed my butt off the day we got the bill: "Bilateral knee replacement---$52,640." Did you know some people go to India or somewhere overseas to save money? Its like $10,000 or some insane low price. BTW, she is pain free most of the time. Only achey at times. And she is 56.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 12/14/10 at 19:41:02

She didn't want to be put under but once, so did both.

A valid concern..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 12/15/10 at 01:17:38

Don't let Dr harveys knee-dling get to you!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 12/15/10 at 07:29:10

I laughed my butt off the day we got the bill: "Bilateral knee replacement---$52,640."

So, when you goin in for buttcheek replacement?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #10 - 12/15/10 at 08:58:17

My mother is recovering from a knee replacement. I was up past midnight cooking food to carry over to her house today. My poor ol Dad cant cook LOL. Except for a lot of pain she is doing well. Glad your surgery went well Jimmer. My Mom's therapist recommended she ride an exercise bicycle. She borrowed one from a friend. Seem's to be helping.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #11 - 12/15/10 at 13:01:49

Midnightrider  
I'll get on the stationary bike next week after the staples are removed. I've already got 90 degree deflection in the knee, this means I can bend it to a full right angle. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and your humor. Great group of people, and to think we are those a$$ on motorcycles,AMAZING.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #12 - 12/15/10 at 20:49:37

Midnight and Jimmer. This is not something you can rush, but once you start getting better it goes pretty fast. My minister was across the hall with Bilateral replacement same time as my wife. Both stayed in hospital for a week. Continuous Passive Motion machines moved their legs when they were not doing PT. The machines caused a lot of pain, but kept them flexible. And while I can cook, the ladies at church rotated bringing food for me and my daughter. Of course we do that for others when they are sick, as well. Different doctors do it differently. Our family Dr says my wife was crazy for doing both, but he was astonished how fast she got over it. Hope you and yours do well. It is amazing to see how people's recovery changes their lives and gives them back what they lost over time. The absence of pain alone helps a lot.   

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 12:46:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › NEW PARTS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.