Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re jetting w/Jardine Muffler? (Read 561 times)
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Re jetting w/Jardine Muffler?
12/10/10 at 11:42:18

Does anyone have this muffler on there bike? I re jetted w/52.5pilot and 152.5 main w/ air pod and dyna,also 1/2 spacer.ran good. new muffler spiting and popping like mad even when adjusting air mix screw.do I have to re jet again and to what? any help?

IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Re: Re jetting w/Jardine Muffler?
Reply #1 - 12/10/10 at 12:55:23

Bike runs fine w/half choke out idles high but no backfiring,I think I should wait until I put the crush gasket in between new muffler and pipe,might this cause a backfiring w/ exhaust leak?

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 12/10/10 at 14:16:47

Even the slightest exhaust leak can magnify the popping and cracking, found that out myself.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #3 - 12/16/10 at 07:01:14

Put the new gasket in and still backfiring,I'm going to try and adj. one more time then not sure if I want to re jet or put the dyna back on.don't mind the noise but the backfiring has to go.

IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #4 - 12/17/10 at 04:52:23

Nobody out there has a Jardine w/ air pod filter? still wondering what jetting your using?could use some help.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 12/17/10 at 05:04:50

Well, IM not quite AT sea level,, & you are, arent you?
Anyway, I have a 150 main, stock pilot & 14 discs on the S/trapp. Its not a big backfiring mess,,
Once youve got the leaky pipe sealed off, you can ride a bit & see if youre sooting up stuff with the exhaust. Mine soots up the brake arm some.
Figuring out just what part of the throttle is rich & where things go a bit lean isnt my forte at all. I know theres a way to roll off throttle a bit & feel to see if it picks up, indicating a lean condition.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #6 - 12/17/10 at 05:58:08

I have a stock air box, carb, header & jardine - I have not done anything to the guts of the carb - just adjusted the idle screw a little.....I have the snap crackle & pops and the loud backfiring and loud Bang when I shut it off......I like the noise - between the noise and the hi-vis riding gear they better dang well know I am in traffic with them - and the critters can hear me coming from quite a distance - gives them time to run, (away from - not in front of) me

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #7 - 12/17/10 at 06:04:11

weracerc you would be surprised how much power you would pick up by going to a richer high speed jet

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #8 - 12/17/10 at 06:28:18

eventually i plan to do some carb work - right now being still being a newb more or less i dont need too much power - I figured by the time i have about 5K miles (3400 to go) I will be ready for some more power.

</div
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 12/17/10 at 08:14:17

It wont be uncontrollable. Your wrist handles that part of it.Your engine will last longer jetted correctly.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #10 - 12/17/10 at 12:34:45

so get the Lancer kit, drop the bowl and put what back in it.....figuring it is box stock right now - I dont know for sure since I am 3rd owner.....2nd owner said he did not do anything to it but ride it - he did not know if 1st owner did anything to it carb wise or not.....had the stock exhaust on it when i got it and backfired then, not as impressively as it does now.

</div
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #11 - 12/17/10 at 13:36:25

I've got a cone filter and a jardine, but haven't got the jetting right at all, so it'd be useless to tell you what i've got in there.

last time i tried, i ended up going through three sizes of pilots, none of which got a perfect idle or died when adjusting the mixture screw. (it was my understanding that finding the best idle jet setting was to put a jet in, put the screw in until it dies, turn the screw out until it dies, and set the screw somewhere in the middle).

I got some muffler sealant stuff now, and plan on trying my hand again at jetting next season. maybe i'll pick up a carb from a junkyard to toy with.

one good thing is that my jardine is now a deep dark blue color, which i like much better than the chrome. not good at all for the bike, but i don't mind the side effect.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #12 - 12/18/10 at 12:07:08

just rode my bike and adj.brass mix screw ,I think its all the way out,but not as bad w/ backfiring,so should I go from 52.5 jet to 55? any ideas?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 12/18/10 at 14:59:18

jrm8486 FSO X2 wrote on 12/18/10 at 12:07:08:
just rode my bike and adj.brass mix screw ,I think its all the way out,but not as bad w/ backfiring,so should I go from 52.5 jet to 55? any ideas?

Yes,... if it gets much more than three turns out, there is a danger of it falling out... go up a step on the pilot... (PS, it's an expensive screw to loose)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #14 - 12/19/10 at 14:27:15

just tried my bike again and guess I'll have to go up a jet to 55 just running like crap unless choke is half out.really don't feel like taking everything apart again but have no choice.Jardine was a direct bolt on w/ my 05,but had a amal carb on that one.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 12:25:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re jetting w/Jardine Muffler?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.