Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
clutch (Read 88 times)
ebonysresearch

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

clutch
12/10/10 at 04:41:21

So I finally recieved my barnett clutch pack.  Friction disks, steel plates. springs... Soaked em.  Installed.  Put everybody in the right order.  And at midnight went out for a ride.  No slipping.  I used Suzuki 10w40 oil which I think was the key.  Last night while everyone was soaking I came in here to read again...there is quite the debate over this rod length stuff.  So to simplify.  

Barnett clutch pack.  
Middle length rod.  
Suzuki Oil.

Works great.  I did measure both the other clutch disc groups that I have and they were all with in spec.  I took this all appart and put it back together with the different length rods only to still have slippage.  Neither set is glazed but then neither set worked.  I had the ebc set of springs.   But I am still not sure that the ebayer sent me the correct set as they are a different diameter and length.  The Barnett springs are a closer diameter and slightly longer.  The 8 stock springs I have are all within spec too.  Adjusted my cable so I have slight freeplay so the clutch is barley dragging.   So Its snowing and I am riding to work. Oh joy Now i get to get back to building the bike.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: clutch
Reply #1 - 12/10/10 at 14:30:00

Glad to hear you got your clutch problems all figured out and it works for you. Now comes the fun part of making the appearance fit with what you have in mind for your "build" Post some pics when you make progress, we all love seeing what others are doing to their bikes.
Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:14:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › clutch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.