Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Raptor petcock part number? (Read 190 times)
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Raptor petcock part number?
11/29/10 at 17:37:45

If not a part number, how about a model and year? Not the ones with fuel pumps, of course.

I tried searching, but I suspect the info is somewhere on the other side of 100 search results. Or I just don't know the magic combination of search words.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Raptor petcock part number?
Reply #1 - 11/29/10 at 17:49:40

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1251932429... Wink...

This is the Raptor part no.  5LP-24500-01-00
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660 YFM660R
http://www.ronayers.com/browseparts.cfm?SearchString=5LP-24500-01-00&adv=5&kw...
NOTE... ( all Raptor 660 petcocks fit,... I included a specific model/year for internet ordering, and anal retentive counter salespeople...)
(also note,...the Raptor petcock clears the frame easily, and makes tank removal much less hassle)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #2 - 11/29/10 at 18:18:50

¡Gracias, amigo!

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #3 - 11/29/10 at 23:58:58

Serowbot, I've forgotten, does the Raptor petcock have "reserve" when used on the 650? I'm sure it has been discussed, but I don't remember. My 2001 has started giving intermittent idle problems in weather below 50 degrees just like last winter. I assume the diaphram is less flexible and causing problems. I have used reserve a couple of times in 1 1/2 years with this bike. I'm ready for the Raptor, because someone mentioned we may not be getting full flow at higher speeds with the stock unit.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #4 - 11/30/10 at 05:12:01

If you look at the drawing on the fische, you see there are a short and long tube that go in the tank. The short tube is the outlet for reserve. As long as a petcock has a reserve setting, you have reserve, regardless of the tank. How much reserve you have depends on petcock location and the shape of the tank.

What you don't have with a non-vacuum petcock like the one from the Raptor is separate on and prime settings. On works like prime. The up side is that you always have full flow when the petcock is on. The down side is that you always have full flow, even when you don't need it. That means your floats and float needle valve are all that's regulating the flow of fuel from the tank. Get a piece of grit lodged in the needle valve, or have your floats adjusted wrong, and you get too much gas. And it means you must always always always remember to turn off the petcock when you shut down the engine.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #5 - 11/30/10 at 05:26:39

Boofer wrote on 11/29/10 at 23:58:58:
Serowbot, I've forgotten, does the Raptor petcock have "reserve" when used on the 650? I'm sure it has been discussed, but I don't remember. My 2001 has started giving intermittent idle problems in weather below 50 degrees just like last winter. I assume the diaphram is less flexible and causing problems. I have used reserve a couple of times in 1 1/2 years with this bike. I'm ready for the Raptor, because someone mentioned we may not be getting full flow at higher speeds with the stock unit.

hey Boofer, Moto is right, see the previous post.  However, having a raptor, I can tell you the reserve is not quite as much as the stock petcock.  I am not sure exactly of how much it is, I usually try not to hit reserve, doing the 100 mile fill up.  But occasionially, I have had to go to reserve and it does not seem like there is a whole lot in there.  Of course, I realize there is not alot in the tank to start with.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #6 - 11/30/10 at 15:56:42

I don't have a Raptor petcock to look at, but maybe reserve can be increased with a little modification to the intake tubes. Of course, since tank volume is the same, increased reserve means decreased main capacity.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #7 - 12/09/10 at 21:17:29

Boofer wrote on 11/29/10 at 23:58:58:
......My 2001 has started giving intermittent idle problems in weather below 50 degrees just like last winter. I assume the diaphram is less flexible and causing problems......

Boof,

I had a similar problem a few years back.

Check out:  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1152108113/0

I came up with an interim workaround that functioned fine for a long time before I finally put a Raptor petcock on there.  The workaround is addressed in the above thread.

IHTH!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:15:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raptor petcock part number?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.