Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 78
Send Topic Print
savage photos + let's see you and your ride! (Read 40221 times)
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: savage photos + let's see you and your ride!
Reply #855 - 10/19/15 at 12:02:44

I had 2 inches of additional foam added to the driver's half of the seat and a new cover made.

The S40 now fits me.

Kenny G

IMG_04501.JPG
  IP Logged
amx4080
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Colorado
Reply #856 - 10/29/15 at 22:10:14

2007 S40

IP Logged
Albert Verdugo

Riding is freedom!

Baja California
Reply #857 - 11/08/15 at 17:18:37

I just painted mine with plastidip, and I think i got a good result Smiley

IP Logged
BigBob
YaBB Newbies

Smile and keep'em
guesing

Arcadia, Ohio
Reply #858 - 11/18/15 at 08:01:36

This is my 87 Savage project. Planning on giving it a good going over this winter. Can't wait for spring to get here to take her out. Not saying I won't take it for a test spin if I get the work done before spring.  Wink

IMG_0259b.jpg

BigBob
  IP Logged
Miller126
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #859 - 12/21/15 at 17:24:29

First Post on the site.....  My first bike and have been converting it this fall....  Built a seat frame for a standard Triumph seat, rear controls, lowered front end, and slightly raised rear end.  Plan to re-create side covers that fill the void of the new seat, re-paint, and do the timing change check as well as the typical head plug leak fix later this winter.....  Much more comfortable now... hoping to get a few more miles on before winter ends it...  

97_Savage_Large.jpeg
  IP Logged
Albert Verdugo

Riding is freedom!

Baja California
Reply #860 - 12/26/15 at 22:54:20

Miller126 wrote on 12/21/15 at 17:24:29:
First Post on the site.....  My first bike and have been converting it this fall....  Built a seat frame for a standard Triumph seat, rear controls, lowered front end, and slightly raised rear end.  Plan to re-create side covers that fill the void of the new seat, re-paint, and do the timing change check as well as the typical head plug leak fix later this winter.....  Much more comfortable now... hoping to get a few more miles on before winter ends it...  

Which shocks did you use on your back?
did you cut your forks?

IP Logged
Miller126
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #861 - 12/27/15 at 15:48:51

I used Progressive Suspension 412-4236C Heavy Duty 11.5" which seemed closer to 11.75"

I did the RYCA lowering kit, added boots, and just copied the RYCA rear sets and kick stand bracket (pretty much)..  I just couldn't see spending $375.00 for the rearset bracket and $299.00 for the kickstand bracket when I have a Mig welder, a portaband, and many grinders.

IP Logged
Albert Verdugo

Riding is freedom!

Baja California
Reply #862 - 01/07/16 at 15:43:04

It looks very good, almost a UJM.

Did the new suspension helped? because the original sucks Sad

IP Logged
Miller126
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #863 - 01/09/16 at 05:48:36

I had put 2,500 miles on this bike, the only bike I have ever ridden, and only about 50 miles (in the rain) with the lowered front.  So I am not qualified to voice opinions on ride about anything.  The weather stopped any future riding this season, and I need to tear it down and finish and paint all the parts I made, along with the color of the bike is going to change. along with other things that need work (clutch, and the typical head plug leak).

Later I want to put the bar tach and spedo on it with indicators where I can see them with a full face helmet...  Then weld up the tank so there is no indication that the old instrument cluster existed.

IMG_3364.jpg
  IP Logged
laukinis
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #864 - 01/10/16 at 16:01:50

Hi, I started to ride this 95 savage this summer, still Happy about it, First I was looking for Virago535, but founded this nice bike, so decided to chose it. As soon as cold winter ens here in Lithuania, I will start to commute again also willing to do some trips with my friend. Which bike stands in background Honda VT1100.

ls_650.jpg
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #865 - 01/14/16 at 11:26:23

I am fairly new but lurking for a year. Got my big ass tire on the back and am going to do at least 2 big trips this year, one with my s40 and one with my pc800. Got the s40 set-up to cruuuuse, but the pc800 is ALOT better in the rain.

I was cautious about the backrest, but it took about 12 seconds to get used to it! It's like riding a Lazy Boy down the road now!
 With the solo seat and high gearing both me and the bike are comfy on the open road now.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #866 - 01/14/16 at 12:03:51

Hey badwolf, that looks really nice. Could you tell us where you got all the cruising gear for the bike? Also you mentioned tall gears, what mods did you do? Thanks, and like I said, NICE! Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #867 - 01/14/16 at 13:17:20

Springman, E-Bay! The seat is off a Yamaha v-star, box and bags, windshield, Kaw pulleys, Shinko 150/90-15 rear tire. 02' Marauder rear wheel all came from E-Bay. I made the box and bags mount out of some 1/2" pvc sheet I scrounged from the back of a sign shop. Made the seat mounts and wheel fitting stuff at home. (I have a old metal lathe on my carport,comes in REAL handy when you monkey around as much as I do.) The Harley muffler is from Superthumper on this site.
 The gearing is got the revs down to about 3400 at 60mph from 4100. the bike and I are both happy there. My other bike is a Honda Pacific Coast and has me spoiled riding in the rain with the faring and big windshield. Thinking about building a frame mounted faring for this from fiberglass and foam, but it would be a BIG job.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #868 - 01/14/16 at 14:57:02

Cool! Thanks for the reply. I unfortunately am not nearly as handy as you are. So I can appreciate the work you put into it. Very nice.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
KronosNZ
YaBB Newbies

2005 S40 Bobber
Project

New Zealand (South Island)
Reply #869 - 01/29/16 at 15:19:38

Heres my new ride. Bobber build has been started by previous owner. Looking to replace the rear fender and seat next, followed by an all black everything paint job. Also will be changing the hard struts back to shocks

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 78
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 19:03:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › savage photos + let's see you and your ride!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.