Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Carb modding (Read 313 times)
feelinjunky

No Comment

NJ
Re: Carb modding
Reply #15 - 11/26/10 at 20:08:13

I was thinking of that. It's based on bernoulli's principle. But think about the area in front of the filter and the back and on the bottom. It's a lot to begin with. Plus my legs are deflecting a lot of the wind.

If worst comes to worst, I'll find a way to mount the stock painted airbox f]cover to solve that.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 11/26/10 at 21:19:36

Just add a tube as long as the tube between the airbox and carb and it'll be fine.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 11/27/10 at 10:23:35

In support of Routy's point,...  many people do go into modding with the idea of getting a little more... and with that idea in mind,... figure, "If I'm going to bother, I'll go for the most"... and tend to over-jet and under-baffle, and get a farty, stumbly, noisemaker, dog of a bike...

A little tweaking can give you a pony or two, but if you're looking to make a firebreather,... it's the wrong engine...

Without adding compression or cubic inches,.. you're limited to 30 to 35 HP... up from 29 to 32 stock...
.. and too much opening on the exhaust pipe will suck all the torque out of the bottom end,... and that's the "seat of the pants" feel that most of us really enjoy...

So,... basically, the best results come from being conservative, and trying to just coax a little more performance without killing your torqueband...

This is not directed to feelingjunky, but just a general caution to members that are new to modding and tweaking...
So,.. not saying don't touch anything, but take little steps and get real results...
Lots of help to be found here,... and opinions are like.....
....well, you know... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #18 - 11/27/10 at 10:34:59

Aw heck, I'll jest tell them like it is.

You want to tag on A WHOLE BUNCH of ponies -- you likely will build you a Frankie bike.

One that won't run but a few days at a time between troubleshoots and teardowns.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
feelinjunky

No Comment

NJ
Reply #19 - 11/27/10 at 19:18:47

I'm just doing an intake and exhaust. No boring out headers, no jacking up compression ratios, no swapping pistons. K.I.S.S. I think I should be fine. From 30 to 35 hp is a noticeable difference. I would like that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:25:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb modding

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.