New Member, Questions (Read 106 times)
Bubbasan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Champaign, Il
New Member, Questions
11/20/10 at 20:22:45

Hello everyone.  I just picked up my 95 LS650, 3800 mi., have been looking through this wonderful forum, am ready to start modding my bike, and have questions to get started.

Cone filter: What is the opening size of the cone filter supposed to be? Is there a make and model number that I should get?

Drag Bars: I want to put drag bars on. It seems to me it takes 1" bars. Is that true and are there particular ones I should look into?

Will post pictures as I move along.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: New Member, Questions
Reply #1 - 11/20/10 at 20:34:30

The carb filter is 57mm or about 2 1/4". The bars are 1". Welcome to the world of the Savage. Lancer can answer carb questions, as well as others, but we consider him the carb man. Look in the tech section and browse around on your own. Lots of good stuff in there. If it is running, be sure to spend your first money on tires if needed.  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Reply #2 - 11/20/10 at 21:03:44

If you're gonna put drag bars on then they need to have at least a 2" rise I believe. You can accomplish this with risers or with a set of bars that already has the rise. I got a used sportster set for $5. The controls have to sit a little different than on the stock bars because of the dimples in the harley set but it works fine

IP Logged
Howitzer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Boston, MA
Reply #3 - 11/20/10 at 21:09:51

Good to have you join us.  I am new to riding as well, and I got my '06 S40 with just under 4k miles on it too.  Stay safe!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 11/21/10 at 08:57:27

The locating pin on the inside of the controls can be removed.  The controls clamp down tight enough to prevent movement.  You need about 4" of rise to clear the tank depending on the orientation of the bars.  And those bars are available w/o dimples.

If you get flat bars, you can make a set of risers out or 3/8 drive, 3/4 deep sockets.  Just get longer 3/8's bolts to match the sockets.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 15:52:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Member, Questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.