Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what to look for when buying HD parts for the ls65 (Read 88 times)
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

what to look for when buying HD parts for the ls65
11/19/10 at 10:45:19

hey guys ....good morning ....i have been doing a lot of research (well more like window shopping) and i will like to now what is the closes HD to the suzuki savage ....i have a 1986 ls 650 ...and i will like to buy a few things like :

new handle bars ...(maibe the 10" ape hanger ...but i like the look of the z-bars)

and a new pipe ( bud is so many different looks ...)

a new gas tank ....(whit a new side mounted speedo and tack....)

the trailer fender for the back (whit new bullet signals)

side mounted license plate (maybe whit the brake light included)

new cone filter (i have read the post for this ...and for the re-jet of the carb...)

and i wan new spokes for my rims ...or maybe powder coat them white ...i need a new back tire ...and i wan it withe wall (what are the measurement  of the rear and front spokes and tires of a 1986 ls 650 )

i am putting a new tractor seat ...

and a new paint job ....flat military green ...and white powder coat ...(but i what to do it the right way ....please can some buddy explain me how to do it )

and i wan to replace some  screws for brass screws ( the ones for the side cover of the engine)....

and i need to do some regular maintenance ...change a couple of gaskets ....

well i think this is all i wan for now .....

can you guys please point me in the right direction .....give me advice ...and maybe give me some links to where i can find cheap parts thanks to all ...for all your comments Smiley Cheesy Grin Cool

IP Logged
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: what to look for when buying HD parts for the
Reply #1 - 11/19/10 at 12:15:39

hey guys is this the right place to post this ...is just i dont wan to post this in any important palace .technical document ...or maybe rubber side down and fill dose sites whit garbage or not very important questions Smiley Cheesy Grin Cool  

i will be selling all mi original fenders and chrome farings and sisy bar ...handle bars ..tank... muffler ....shocks signals ...tail light  .....i will keep you posted on that

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #2 - 11/19/10 at 12:56:11

Any 1" diameter handle bars will fit.  But you may need longer cables, wiring, and front brake line if the bars are too tall.

Any muffler that you like the look of can be made to fit as long as it doesn't have a crossover tube.  Some will require more fabrication than others but all will be much easier than the fabricating involved in fitting a different tank and trailer fender.

Gas tanks are expensive.  I've never seen a cheap one that wasn't banged up or rusted.

Trailer fenders and seats can be found cheap but you're looking at some serious fabrication to mount them.

I think it looks pretty good now.  I like that orange.

IP Logged
danDmen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/19/10 at 13:08:42

thanks ...for your coment ...look i what this z bars ( http://www.legendmcs.com/custom-chrome-harley-parts-handlebars-controls/Handl... )....but shut i get the 8 inch one just to be sure that i will not have to change any cables (but i do wan to replace the break line)

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 11/19/10 at 13:13:12

Wow, that is alot of questions...   Wink  Sounds like you have some ideas, but I would suggest you use the "Search" function.  When you go to "search", be sure to check the "This post was made in the last…"  drop-down menu for longer timeframe.    

Here is one with alot of pictures, might give you some things to think about too.  

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1257442512

I like your bike now too.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #5 - 11/19/10 at 18:22:25

Sounds like you wanna do a Bobber version of your Bike ... and seein' as it's an '86, I'd say go for it! Lotsa folk here have Bobbed their Savages/S40s, so no shortage of inspiration and know-how 'round Suzukisavage.com!

From what I've read, Sportster and Dyna mufflers tend to be the best choice from H.D. ... Dynas prolly being the better choice for near-straight swap.

Z-Bars look wicked on a Bobber!

Check out www.bluecollarbobbers.com for some LS650 Bobber inspiration and parts

Also www.bobbertalk.com is another great source of knowledge and inspiration for Bobbinators!

And while I'm at it, here are some of the sickest custom Bobbers and Street Trackers on the planet ... Bratstyle from Japan! http://www.bratstyle.com/custom/custom.htm

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:10:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › what to look for when buying HD parts for the ls65

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.