Send Topic Print
Roadkill (Read 298 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: Roadkill
Reply #15 - 11/21/10 at 10:31:33

Just got around to reading Sept/Oct Ms Farm Bureau magazine. I have insurance through them, and they advocate for farm bills and farm living. Anyway an article about environmental concerns stated that there were 14,000 car/deer collisions in Mississippi last year alone. Having hunted all my life I can tell you that hunters, cars, or disease will control deer population. Two years ago it was disease (Blue Tongue). If you doubt that figure, just call your local body shop. The deer population in Ms is about 1.8 million. I think deer are beautiful, but they have caused many deaths; the last a 16 year old girl from my county buried last week after dodging one in a car and wrecking. I hunt on my property every year and use the meat for my family and others. I hate to see deer die by disease. It's bad...just the way it is down here.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Re: Roadkill
Reply #16 - 11/22/10 at 08:30:42

It is the case in many southern states. One of the worst in my opinion is Arkansas. Winding mountain roads + Huge Deer = Disaster. last time I was out there I was terrified driving at night that at any moment around the next turn in the road would be a missive deer waiting to total my car. I am an animal lover, I even studied zoology at the university, that is why I am a big advocate of population control (Man and Beast). It is ultimately in the best interest of everyone, including the deer, to manage their numbers to healthy level. Its not just disease that is a problem but starvation in overpopulated areas as well as human/animal interaction (ie: deer collisions).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 22:07:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Roadkill

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.