Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Free Thanksgiving dinner (Read 98 times)
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Free Thanksgiving dinner
11/10/10 at 19:39:56

I was just looking at Craigslist N.H. and was seeing several listings for free t-giving dinners in the "Free" section. People were offering to cook and host dinner for strangers or just give them the food to prepare at home. I thought that was a really nice thing to do so i went looking at some of the other state CL listing and couldn't find any other states where people were doing this. I figured at least vermont or maine would because they are alot like n.h. but nothing there either. I just found it curious.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: Free Thanksgiving dinner
Reply #1 - 11/10/10 at 21:18:30

That surprises me as well Al. I do know around here several places do offer to do that same thing.
It may be that the other states just don't advertise on craigs list.. kim

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 11/10/10 at 21:57:14

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 11/10/10 at 19:39:56:
I was just looking at Craigslist N.H. and was seeing several listings for free t-giving dinners in the "Free" section. People were offering to cook and host dinner for strangers or just give them the food to prepare at home. I thought that was a really nice thing to do so i went looking at some of the other state CL listing and couldn't find any other states where people were doing this. I figured at least vermont or maine would because they are alot like n.h. but nothing there either. I just found it curious.

AL

One would have to ask,if a person reading Craigs List is reading it on his or her Computer,I don't know about you but my computer cost me a months pay, I doubt the free dinner offerers would get any takers, unless they are weirdo's , Or people looking for an easy target ?
No way I would do it.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #3 - 11/11/10 at 05:50:58

I have kids, so we go to the local library a lot - there's always half a dozen people using the computers there - just requires a free library card.  

That does sound like a nice thing to do. I agree it might be dangerous to have it at your house.  We often donate Thanksgiving ingredients to a nearby city mission which gives out "Thanksgiving Dinner boxes".  A local church has a Thanksgiving dinner in their social hall ( I think they actually do it on Thursday) - my coworker always serves and she says it it quite well attended.  

Mick,  do they have something similar to Thanksgiving in England?  I remember in the book "Lorna Doone" the Ridd family had a big feast after the harvest was in.  Obviously a long time ago - but not that far from the time of our Pilgrims.

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #4 - 11/11/10 at 08:49:58

runwyrlph wrote on 11/11/10 at 05:50:58:
I have kids, so we go to the local library a lot - there's always half a dozen people using the computers there - just requires a free library card.  

That does sound like a nice thing to do. I agree it might be dangerous to have it at your house.  We often donate Thanksgiving ingredients to a nearby city mission which gives out "Thanksgiving Dinner boxes".  A local church has a Thanksgiving dinner in their social hall ( I think they actually do it on Thursday) - my coworker always serves and she says it it quite well attended.  

Mick,  do they have something similar to Thanksgiving in England?  I remember in the book "Lorna Doone" the Ridd family had a big feast after the harvest was in.  Obviously a long time ago - but not that far from the time of our Pilgrims.

Not as far as I know,we Brits jokeingly say our thanksgiving is on the 4th of July. Wink

mickrowe37   IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #5 - 11/11/10 at 11:05:49

I missed Thanksgiving this year while we were in Mexico.  We went with two other couples so we all had a dinner after we came home.  October 23 was 12 days late but the turkey tasted great.   Cheesy

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #6 - 11/11/10 at 12:14:47

prsavage wrote on 11/11/10 at 11:05:49:
I missed Thanksgiving this year while we were in Mexico.  We went with two other couples so we all had a dinner after we came home.  October 23 was 12 days late but the turkey tasted great.   Cheesy

am I missing something here ? i thought thanksgiving was the last thursday in November,hey I'm a limey what do I know ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #7 - 11/11/10 at 14:21:09

I didn't think of library computers,yes I supose they could use those .
Even so I still would not invite an unknown into my house. Thanksgiving still means nothing to me,sorry it just doesn't  so if anyone dropped buy he or she would get a bacon sandwich,or what ever else I am eating,at the time.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #8 - 11/11/10 at 14:24:17

prsavage wrote on 11/11/10 at 11:05:49:

You must have drank to much in Mexico,Thanksgiving has happened yet.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:19:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Free Thanksgiving dinner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.