Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Last longish ride of the season. (Read 119 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Last longish ride of the season.
11/07/10 at 17:06:21

I rode to Port Bruce today to photograph the sunset. Port Bruce is on the north shore of Lake Erie. Rode from London (about an hour away) in 6 degree Celsius weather with 20kph winds. I have a nice warm jacket, lined chaps and a leather vest, also a neoprene face mask. The only part that got cold were my hands. Nice twisty roads, no traffic. I'm going to have to put it in storage soon. Heavy sigh Undecided

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: Last longish ride of the season.
Reply #1 - 11/07/10 at 18:08:47

Did a run to Canmore today. It was about 1.5hrs each way. Sunny at about +5 degrees so it it was cool but with proper gear it was comfortable. We who are north of the 49th  can't complain abount riding on Nov. 7th. Every ride now could be the last for the year.  Lips Sealed

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 11/08/10 at 00:43:57

Oddly, for the past couple days the weather has been near summer-like here in eastern Newfoundland ... sunny, light breezes and temps in the mid-high teens (mid-60's F) ... tonz of Bikes on the go! But, it won't last ... it is November after all Sad

oddmanout ... is Port Bruce near Wheatly, ON? At Robinson Motorcycle in Wheatly there's a SWEET '06 U.S. Spec Ninja 250R for sale with only 14 acutal miles on the clock for $3.4K!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #3 - 11/08/10 at 12:26:46

Indeed, even here in lower Wisconsin, USA, it's almost mothball time. Getting in the mid-50's every day now. Snowflakes all too soon.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #4 - 11/08/10 at 12:55:13

Last week it was in the 70s and I was able to ride the bike everyday, this morning woke up to rain that has since turned to SNOW  Sad

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 11/08/10 at 13:03:43

Perrydasavage: Wheatly is 156 kilometers from Port Bruce, and 155 kilometers from London Ont. or 100 miles.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/08/10 at 13:26:39

Put my daughter on back and took a long ride down the Bluff Road south of St. Louis Mo on the Illinois side of the river. Flat farmland on the right side (heading south) and tall bluffs on the left.
Perfect day, but might be last great weekend day for a while, who knows.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 04:31:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Last longish ride of the season.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.