Send Topic Print
slip on (Read 134 times)
championbaum
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

slip on
11/01/10 at 20:04:48

hey guys, new here. just got a 2001. whats a pretty hassle free slash cut slip on i can get? not sure if i will put a cone air cleaner on or just take that door seal thing on the airbox off. i will also order a set of main/pilot jets beforehand so i can tune the carb for the changes. really am going for a bit of performance, but i really like slash cut style pipes sooooo any tips would be appreciated!!!

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Re: slip on
Reply #1 - 11/02/10 at 11:22:51

I am sure you will get mixed opinions on the exhaust and filters - I have a 1996 that i bought used in may of this year had 6900 miles on it stock everything.....i changed the oil/filter, checked the air filter cleaned and put it back in the stock filter box, added a Jardine slash cut muffler that I got used (barely) off craigslist for $50.....it is loud!, probably adds to the backfiring but I like the backfiring and the loud - lets critters & cagers know I 'm there.....I have not re-jetted or done carb work - just the jardine muffler, 50 mpg around town....

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
championbaum
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/02/10 at 14:35:08

thanks, i havent ever dealt with slip ons, always had straight pipes. i looked at the jardine, and it looks nice, if i can find a used one. thanks for the response.

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 11/03/10 at 03:29:36

For the best sound and performance, the Supertrapp is the best slip on but its expensive. Around $400. Sometimes you can find them on sale for around $250. Expensive but worth the money.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:30:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › slip on

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.