Send Topic Print
help (Read 172 times)
jde30
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

help
10/31/10 at 06:52:37

I did a littel oops. I put a littel to much oil in my 09 s40. and I took out the 14 mm siver plug under the oil fill cap on the front left of the bike. I drained about 6oz. of fluid out when i relized it was not the oil drain plug. I need to know what fluid i drained and how to put it back if it is not oil thank you.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: help
Reply #1 - 10/31/10 at 07:07:06

Be sure to put your brass washer back where it came from and get you a Clymers manual so you can get properly confused by it instead of guessing on your own.

Yes it was oil, same oil as the rest of the oil behind all the rest of the bolts.   You just sucked yours backwards out through the oil pump and emptied out all your oil galleries ....

Grin

(aren't you proud of me guys, the temptation to play trick or treat on Halloween day was great, but I kept my self control)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
jde30
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/31/10 at 08:30:50

thank you vary much. As you can tell i am vary new to motorcycles. this is my first bike. and I have a lot to learn. thanks for your help.

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/31/10 at 10:40:12

jde30 wrote on 10/31/10 at 08:30:50:
thank you vary much. As you can tell i am vary new to motorcycles. this is my first bike. and I have a lot to learn. thanks for your help.

Advice to new riders.
Never point your oil drain plug at the sun while riding.  It can be very bad luck to do so.

Phelonius Shocked

Phelonius
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #4 - 10/31/10 at 12:08:53

If that plug under oil fill is on the same side of the bike as the fill, it might be the oil pressure test port.   No need to add the luifd back.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 10/31/10 at 19:13:08

jde30 wrote on 10/31/10 at 06:52:37:
I did a littel oops. I put a littel to much oil in my 09 s40. and I took out the 14 mm siver plug under the oil fill cap on the front left of the bike. I drained about 6oz. of fluid out when i relized it was not the oil drain plug. I need to know what fluid i drained and how to put it back if it is not oil thank you.

jde, Unless the engine is in backwards on the '09 S40 you're backwards...or sideways. My oil filler cap is on the right front of my engine. With cars or motorcycles, always refer to the right or left sitting in the driver's or rider's position. No harm done, but we don't want to get mixed up and do a ring job accidentally when you just wanted to change the air filter. Ride safely. Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 11/01/10 at 06:59:47

port & starboard removes all doubt

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #7 - 11/01/10 at 08:33:36

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/01/10 at 06:59:47:
port & starboard removes all doubt

That's a boat, to me.  And I still can't remember which is which...   Sad

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #8 - 11/01/10 at 09:08:39

babyhog, When I was a wee little kid, my dad told me to just remember port and left have the same number of letters. Never forgot. Port is left.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
BC-Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/01/10 at 09:15:54

Port=Left=Red all have fewer characters than their opposites
Starbord=Right=Green.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print