Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sportster vs. Dyna exhaust (Read 94 times)
ocdave
Ex Member

Sportster vs. Dyna exhaust
10/29/10 at 19:46:51

If and when I get my project savage running, I plan on modifying it by finding either a sportster or dyna oem exhaust. I'm wanted to get some advice on what would be a better choice. thanks,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Sportster vs. Dyna exhaust
Reply #1 - 10/29/10 at 19:57:51

I think the Dyna is a really nice looking muffler on the Savage. If I hadnt been so focused on performance I wouldnt have gone w/ the Supertrapp & the Dyna was the only other one I was willing to really consider.
In all fairness, I never real;ly looked hard enough at the Sportster muffler to be certain what it looks like.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: Sportster vs. Dyna exhaust
Reply #2 - 10/30/10 at 20:21:12

I had my choice out of a pile of HD muffs, so I got the slickest, shiniest one I could find. I looked up the # and found it fit the Low and the Night Train. It was marked 80db and is quiet. The muff has two threaded bosses...1/4-20 threads. The rear screw fits on the front hole of the LS stock bracket. Muff position came out within 1/2" of stock. I used a pipe wrench to twist the stock bracket a little to line up the one bolt holding it. Clamped right up with stock clamp and Dr Pepper shims. I do not like the smaller mufflers with the stock heat shield, so I got a JC Whitney shield to cover the joint to the header. ($20) I keep forgetting to take pics, but I'll try to remember soon. About 45 minutes to install. Most of the time was spent grinding down the front muffler boss to keep muffler aligned with header. And don't forget blue Lock Tite on the bolt holding your muffler. The reason I did this is because the stock muffler gutted out and I lost power. Now it's back. 

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 06:13:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sportster vs. Dyna exhaust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.