Send Topic Print
Springer ? (Read 49 times)
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Springer ?
10/28/10 at 21:01:36

As long as I'm awake and curious . . . .

What's the difference in how a springer handles compared to the stock oil/seal fork things we get on the bike? I would love to get things as simple as possible. I like everything where I can see it work and know right away if there's an issue to be dealt with. If the function is the same safety wise and there's one that matches the design of the Sav I could be interested. I don't particularly like the stretched out look. And I do ride some down south and don't want to start having "Easy Rider" nightmares.

Jack

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Springer ?
Reply #1 - 10/29/10 at 03:39:46

No reason why a springer has to be longer than stock, is there?
I like the look of a springer, too, but IM betting the handling isnt near as good as regular forks, cuz springers were on the vtracks when the forks went to oil & seals. What we have now was sufficient improvement over what they used to do to beat it out of the marketplace. So, which one handles better? But that doesnt mean a springer is unsafe. Doesnt mean you wouldnt love riding with one. Heck, dual disk brakes are better than singles, but we ride a single disk setup. Its good enuff, just ride accordingly.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:20:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Springer ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.