Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
springer forks (Read 236 times)
ROB CYCLE

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

springer forks
10/26/10 at 17:21:19

has anyone ever replaced a stock forks for a dna or springer forks .

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: springer forks
Reply #1 - 10/26/10 at 18:41:53

WWW   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #2 - 10/27/10 at 06:47:31

Yep, that's mine. I re-listed it on ebay because there were no takers. But I at least got one bid on it so far this time.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #3 - 10/27/10 at 08:49:14

Found this set on CL and wondered what sort of modification it would take to get them to fit Huh

http://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/2028256524.html

« Last Edit: 10/27/10 at 15:16:30 by EJID »  

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
einheit13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/27/10 at 14:55:24

Thats a girder, not a springer on ebay. You'll need to know the stock length of your front end from the bottom tree to the center of the front axle and order accordingly unless you plan on raking out the frame. Then you get to make up the spacers, axles, and stem/bearing set up for the neck. not hard at all. A Girder doesn't flex as bad as a springer will. If you rake it out with a springer, you will notice a 'bounce' in the front end because the lower legs are always under compression and will 'load and unload' with just about any bump in the road. A girder pivots at the neck and and has both legs welded together that makes it very rigid, but if you hot rod in the twisties, it can 'skip' in the harder curves.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #5 - 10/27/10 at 16:48:52

einheit13 wrote on 10/27/10 at 14:55:24:
Thats a girder, not a springer on ebay. You'll need to know the stock length of your front end from the bottom tree to the center of the front axle and order accordingly unless you plan on raking out the frame. Then you get to make up the spacers, axles, and stem/bearing set up for the neck. not hard at all. A Girder doesn't flex as bad as a springer will. If you rake it out with a springer, you will notice a 'bounce' in the front end because the lower legs are always under compression and will 'load and unload' with just about any bump in the road. A girder pivots at the neck and and has both legs welded together that makes it very rigid, but if you hot rod in the twisties, it can 'skip' in the harder curves.

A girder will 'pogo-stick' as well but not near as bad as a true springer. I know this as the bike on ebay is mine. It wasn't very difficult to install it. In fact I believe I still have the instructions posted in the tech/ref section. Let me look right quick (pausing to look) Yep, found it. http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1213856449. Instruction ain't very good I'm affraid and no in progress pics because it wasn't until after I got it installed that I remembered and I sure as heck wasn't gonna tear it back down just to get pics.

IP Logged
einheit13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/29/10 at 13:57:13

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 10/27/10 at 16:48:52:

A girder will 'pogo-stick' as well but not near as bad as a true springer. I know this as the bike on ebay is mine. It wasn't very difficult to install it. In fact I believe I still have the instructions posted in the tech/ref section. Let me look right quick (pausing to look) Yep, found it. http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1213856449. Instruction ain't very good I'm affraid and no in progress pics because it wasn't until after I got it installed that I remembered and I sure as heck wasn't gonna tear it back down just to get pics.

I know its yours, I wish you were closer and I buy it. I've had all kinds of girders and springers, even made a few. For looks, nothing beats a springer. For control/comfort, it better be a very short springer or a girder. the last raked out bike I had was a CB 750 that was done like a 'digger'....13' 3.5" long! A switch to a girder made a world of difference in the handling.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #7 - 10/29/10 at 14:09:11

einheit13 wrote on 10/29/10 at 13:57:13:
Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 10/27/10 at 16:48:52:

I know its yours, I wish you were closer and I buy it. I've had all kinds of girders and springers, even made a few. For looks, nothing beats a springer. For control/comfort, it better be a very short springer or a girder. the last raked out bike I had was a CB 750 that was done like a 'digger'....13' 3.5" long! A switch to a girder made a world of difference in the handling.

Yeah, when I first thought of the idea of putting a girder or a springer on it, I talked to several folks who had ridden both and I decided the girder would give me the look I was after yet not be as bouncy as a full springer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:29:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › springer forks

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.