Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How to retorque the HEAD BOLTS (Read 542 times)
Russ130

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Head bolt torque specs
Reply #15 - 03/05/11 at 20:58:47

I'm with you Oldfeller. There is no way I'm gonna remove all the nuts and then trust that it will be ok after retorqueing them. I might be a newbie to the Savage or even bikes but I've turning wrenches my whole life. On something as critical as a head gasket the last thing you want is for something to move even the smallest fraction of a mm. Hot rod magazine did an article on this years ago. They had all kinds of microscopic photos and it was determined that you should not retorque head bolts more than one fastener at a time. In fact it is recommended to not even touch them again period. By the same note I had a snapper mower that needed the head bolts torqued down frequently just so it would start, apparently a real common problem on those since that is what the tech where I bought the mower said to do. So I would think somewhere in the middle is our Savage that needs periodic retorqueing. Not sure why but if it is a common thing to do and my head cover is already off as it is, then I will do it now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 13:31:06

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › How to retorque the HEAD BOLTS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.