Corbin seat. (Read 319 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Corbin seat.
10/23/10 at 10:53:50

My new Corbin seat came yesterday and I tried it out today. Much more comfy even not broken in. You do sit an inch or so further forward, but the seating position feels more natural to me. Quick question: What is the best way to take care of the leather?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Corbin seat.
Reply #1 - 10/23/10 at 12:20:53

Saddle Soap.  People have been using leather saddles for over a century.  Others say saddle soap is bad to use, and they should their, more expensive,  stuff instead.

I use saddle soap on boots and saddles, about once a year, or two.  Does not need much.

*NEVER* use Armor All -- you will slide off the seat.

Any ride horse riders agree?

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 10/23/10 at 12:31:27

Palidan, I'm in new territory here. It's my first time to call you out. Git on them shootin' irons. No wait, you only need one. I use Armor All on my seat and have never had a problem, but it is not recommend for anywhere you don't won't to slip. One thing though, don't use it on your tires. odman, congrats on the new Corbin. What are you going to buy groceries with this month?  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
brianjkirk
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/26/10 at 04:59:40

Have you had the chance to test out the passenger seat?  Is it any better than the stock pillion?  Looking at the measurements on the Corbin site, it looks like its a bit wider than stock.

2003 savage - all stock for now
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #4 - 10/26/10 at 06:06:01

I have always used saddle soap and/or mink oil on leather seats and clothing. They both help protect the leather and won't make it slippery.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 10/26/10 at 06:18:52

Mink oil is my choice too.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #6 - 10/26/10 at 09:00:29

But Babyhog, women always prefer mink.

IP Logged
PBLover

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/26/10 at 11:37:35

Paladin. wrote on 10/23/10 at 12:20:53:
Saddle Soap.  People have been using leather saddles for over a century.  Others say saddle soap is bad to use, and they should their, more expensive,  stuff instead.

I use saddle soap on boots and saddles, about once a year, or two.  Does not need much.

*NEVER* use Armor All -- you will slide off the seat.

Any ride horse riders agree?

150% agree!  Nothing but saddle soap for horse and cycle.  No slippery feel, just clean soft leather.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 10/26/10 at 11:48:54

I used to use mink oil,... but it's gotten' too hard to squeeze the minks...
Weak thumbs... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 10/26/10 at 13:51:50

I sat on the passenger seat and it is wider and more comfortable than the stock seat. There is no strap to hang onto so you have to either 1- have the passenger back rest or 2- be friendly with the driver Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Buster

Motul 3000 10w40
Zinc 1407ppm

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 04/08/12 at 04:24:58

Old thread hijack.

Just wanted to get some opinions on material choice and color combos from others. I read that vinyl is best for sides of seats and leather on top surface. I picked Brown Bomber Jacket leather for seat panels and Black Asphalt textured vinyl for side panels for my Orange/Black paint scheme. What do you think - Cool, or unmitigated epic fail? Just wanted to get some suggestions and opinions before I ordered a seat. Thanks.

2015 S40 (Pearl Moon Stone Gray)
OEM Pillow Seat - OEM Windshield

"Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures."
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #11 - 04/08/12 at 06:57:24

Personally I feel that unless you pick a colour closer to the orange of the paint work you are adding a third colour to the scheme of things that you may not be happy with. The safest rout would be to get black leather over black vinyl. That bomber jacket colour looks too close to black on the sample page anyway.

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #12 - 04/09/12 at 10:29:33

Buster wrote on 04/08/12 at 04:24:58:
Old thread hijack.

Just wanted to get some opinions on material choice and color combos from others. I read that vinyl is best for sides of seats and leather on top surface. I picked Brown Bomber Jacket leather for seat panels and Black Asphalt textured vinyl for side panels for my Orange/Black paint scheme. What do you think - Cool, or unmitigated epic fail? Just wanted to get some suggestions and opinions before I ordered a seat. Thanks.

I'd order a couple of samples, place them on the bike, and stand back.  Then you'll get a true idea of what it looks like.  And hey, if you like, who cares what anyone else thinks. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 10:28:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Corbin seat.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.