polish your car. (Read 181 times)
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
polish your car.
10/19/10 at 15:44:29

Most of you guys and gals have a car I want to give you all some pointers on getting a like new look to your car,First wash it ,in and around the wheels as well,this will take all day so relax, now polish the car with Meguiar's deep crystal Polish as per directed,use a buffer if you have one,this first polish is prior to waxing it, now buff it up as best as you can,   Have lunch.    now get some Meguiar's  polishing clay,pat it and shape it should look like a thin bar of soap.
Now spray some Quick delailing polish ,once again Meguiar's it's very thin and looks like water ,use it for a lubricant for the clay, spray half the roof or hood and rub the clay firmly on the paint surface,then wipe it dry with a flannel like material, run your fingers over the part you just did,it should feel like glass,do the rest of the car, take a short break,                 Now get your bottle of Meguiar's Deep Crystal carnauba wax, follow instructions ,if you have done every thing right your car will look like new, take your wife or GF out for dinner , Now two things might happen the parking lot attendant at the restaurante will run into a jaguar just as you get seated or it will rain,or both,
I'm kidding I'm kidding.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: polish your car.
Reply #1 - 10/19/10 at 16:26:55

Why go to all that work? After all, it is only a machine, not a priceless work of art, and as soon as you use it it will get dirty again. Run it through the car wash and call it good.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 10/19/10 at 17:37:39

Charon wrote on 10/19/10 at 16:26:55:
Why go to all that work? After all, it is only a machine, not a priceless work of art, and as soon as you use it it will get dirty again. Run it through the car wash and call it good.

Sorry charon I wrote the above for people who care about there car.and to tell you and others about the clay I have been using.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #3 - 10/19/10 at 18:18:50

mick wrote on 10/19/10 at 17:37:39:
Charon wrote on 10/19/10 at 16:26:55:

Sorry charon I wrote the above for people who care about there car.and to tell you and others about the clay I have been using.

Yup I can vouch for that clay, my dad uses it and swears by it

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/19/10 at 18:28:56

Ive been in clay, after a rain, & thats a bad thing.

I dont spend too much time washin & rubbin on stuff. But, I gotta admit, the 87 pikkup makes washing a ride just OOOKay.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 10/19/10 at 19:04:33

I polish every thing I own ,Always have,Its stays newer looking and will be worth the extra money you will get when you sale it.But I've been using Zaino Bros Show polishes for about 20 years it not cheap ,I read about in a motorcycle magazine and it won as the best shine in their test. I use it on guns, guitars,and many other things.Its very easy to use and comes off easy.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
Reply #6 - 10/19/10 at 20:32:41

I don't polish anything, maybe the bike now and then, I suppose I'm kind of scruffy anyway, the wife says it comes naturally to me when she tries to tuck me in and comb the little hair I have left. But then again, at my age I can't see any change in the foreseeable future

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
Reply #7 - 10/19/10 at 20:39:44

OK! OK!! my shirt tails

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #8 - 10/20/10 at 22:42:27

Thanks for the tip. I've never tried the clay being the cynical cheap bastard I am Huh I'll put it on my "hit list".

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 10/21/10 at 03:55:32

Im all good with putting enuff time into something to keep it from rusting or simply degrading too quickly, BUT, & Im being serious here, I think we all have to really think about how much rubbin & buffin time is really a smart, from a purely business perspective.

IF Bill Gates had a Savage ( well, Id sell mine or burn it, but thats beside the point) & HE spent a minute polishing it to protect his resale value, he would be going backwards, cuz in the few minutes he spent waxin & buffin , he Coulda earned a bazillion dollars if he had worked.

Okay, that was a huge stretch, but it was meant to illustrate that IF someones time is valuable & marketable then its quite possible that they could be a bit neglectful of the spit & polish that keeps the resale value up & actually have more $$$ at the end of it all, B/C he used his time to make $$$ instead of spit & polish. Not to say "Neglect the bike" & let it go to crap, thers gotta be a middle ground. I think Ive found it for me. The value of time is the variable we all have to look at. Its different for all of us & its different for all of us at different times in our lives.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 10/21/10 at 05:17:24

You like a pretty looking girl why not a pretty looking bike.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 10/21/10 at 05:56:10

Didnt say I didnt like a nice looking bike, BUT I DID say theres some thot that needs to go into just How Much time gets spent on rubbin & buffin & I explained some of how & why thats reasonable, then you chose to ignore everything I said & just boild it down into something I NEVER said.. You waste my time with such foolishness..

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #12 - 10/21/10 at 06:13:13

One of the silliest (to me) things I have ever heard was "I can't go riding today, I need to polish the bike first".
So.. he would rather polish it than ride it?  Or he won't be seen on the streets unless the bike sparkles?
I told him he would never want to ride with me anyway, as I don't worry about it if I need to go through water or a bit of dirt or gravel.

Do I wash my bike?  Yes, but I'm not a fanatic.  Normally just take to to the car wash place and spray it down.  About once a month I will jack it up and give it a good cleaning at the house.  That is also when I look for things coming loose.

Washing, waxing, polishing.  All well and good if the machine is expensive and you want to show it off and keep it pristine for resale.
Me.. "I just wanna ride man."

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 10/21/10 at 08:43:20

youzguyz wrote on 10/21/10 at 06:13:13:
One of the silliest (to me) things I have ever heard was "I can't go riding today, I need to polish the bike first".
So.. he would rather polish it than ride it?  Or he won't be seen on the streets unless the bike sparkles?
I told him he would never want to ride with me anyway, as I don't worry about it if I need to go through water or a bit of dirt or gravel.

Do I wash my bike?  Yes, but I'm not a fanatic.  Normally just take to to the car wash place and spray it down.  About once a month I will jack it up and give it a good cleaning at the house.  That is also when I look for things coming loose.

Washing, waxing, polishing.  All well and good if the machine is expensive and you want to show it off and keep it pristine for resale.
Me.. "I just wanna ride man."

What? Sensible maintenance & priorities? You are a Maniac!

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #14 - 10/21/10 at 08:54:57

when I brought my Miata  I did not trade in my Ford taurus,the ford is my every day go to town car ,or rain car.my Miata ,I like to keep spotless for car shows etc; I wax the ford once a year.
The Miata is my hobby, with my bad hand I cant fish,cant play golf,cant build model airplanes and I cant ride a bike.
So my car is my hobby ,and I can polish it with one hand.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 22:59:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › polish your car.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.