Send Topic Print
Asking for cards (Read 146 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Asking for cards
10/17/10 at 19:46:22

My cousin's husband just came home Tuesday from the hospital. He is home recovering from his 2nd brain surgery. He has the same brain cancer that took the life of the late Senator Ted Kennedy.
My cousin's husband name is Steve. He had to retire a couple years early due to this mishap. Steve was a firefighter.

I would like to ask all of you if you could to send him a card via myself. They are planning on coming here for Thanksgiving still unless any other problems arise.

I thought it would be great if I could present them with cards from the forum. If your interested you can pm me and I will give you my mailing address. The cards do not need to be anything fancy nor expensive. If you would like to send a pic of yourself and bike then that would be great as well.

I plan to see them and will take the cards and give to him. What a great thought  to see his face when I surprise him with cards from all of us. Smiley

Their is no cure for this darn cancer. He has undergone chemotheraphy as well as radiation, as well as the 2 brain surgeries.
He came home Wedneday a.m. and never even had a headache or had to take any pain meds.

My cousin Cheryl and Steve have been together 10 years. They were married for 1 year last June. Upon coming home from celebrating their 1st wedding anniversary he started slurring his speech. She took him immediately to the hospital thinking he was having a stroke.
Once tests were complete this was what was found.

I will not keep any addresses and will again make sure they get the cards when they visit for Thanksgiving.
If health problems prevent them from making the trip, I will personally pay the postage to deliver all at once in a box.

Thank you all in advance.
Hugs to all.. kim Smiley

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Asking for cards
Reply #1 - 10/18/10 at 09:41:39

Do they have any special likes?
Hunting, fishing, beaches, mountains?
Does he ride too?

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #2 - 10/18/10 at 13:39:34

Yes they do. They enjoy fishing, camping, boating,the mountains, beaches, watching football as well as baseball.
They live in Illinois and his favorite team of course are the St.Louis Rams and the Cardinals.He enjoys doing family things and is a Grandfather as well as a wonderful Dad and Husband.

Again he had planned to retire in 3 years and their plans were to travel with the 5th wheel and see different parts of the U.S.
Now that this has happened they are trying to travel and see as much as time allows.
They had a trip planned to the East coast and had to cancel their trip t for this surgery.

Thank you all so much. Please place your forum name on the envelope so I can contact you here and let you know the cards were received..
special Hugs and kisses to each and everyone of you... Kim Smiley Smiley Kiss Kiss Kiss

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #3 - 10/19/10 at 03:37:30

PM sent.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/21/10 at 17:12:21

-good luck, my brother has brain cancer too- said during a remission that when he can't string words together- still understands everything said

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 10/21/10 at 20:06:30

thank you and I send best wishes back to your brother.
I just got off the phone with my cousin. Her hubby goes
back to his neurologist and oncologist on Monday. We will
see if he can have anything more done other than chemo
and radiation.

Again all the best to your brother.. x0x0x.. kim Kiss

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 23:21:31