Send Topic Print
loose belt (Read 101 times)
relic624k
YaBB Newbies

keep on thumping!

west houston, tx
loose belt
10/15/10 at 13:15:20

so i just got back from making my first long trip from houston to austin great ride beautiful scenery and half way there i felt a little more fibration than normal so when i got back home i decided to check the drive belt and noticed it was a little loose so i adjusted it a little but am a little conserned about over tightening the belt i can turn it 90 degrees from the top and bottom i adjusted using the markers but would like to hear you guys opinion thanks.

IP Logged
relic624k
YaBB Newbies

keep on thumping!

west houston, tx
Re: loose belt
Reply #1 - 10/15/10 at 13:19:22

and i also noticed a slight squeak from the belt.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #2 - 10/15/10 at 13:23:28

It would have been better to turn each bolt the same instead of going by the markers,I would lift the back end up and spin the wheel both ways and see if its in the middle of the pulley.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/17/10 at 05:20:06

Put it in gear, roll backwards to tighten the upper part of the belt & put all the slack in the bottom. Then feel of what it takes to twist it,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #4 - 10/17/10 at 07:14:38

Easier to leave the transmission in Neutral. Then the slack moves to whichever side you twist. Normally the bottom is easier to reach, particularly if the stock belt guard is still in place. If you use the Suzuki-supplied belt tension gauge, the bottom is where it is used.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 10/17/10 at 07:27:20

I tried that & Im not agreein with ya there. If I put the slack where I want it, then its there & I dont have to drag any mechanicals or spin anything to get it where I want it. I want the top set at a slight tension & I want it repeatable, so I put the slack where I want it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 23:29:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › loose belt

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.