Hartman Mod questions (Read 368 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Hartman Mod questions
Reply #15 - 10/17/10 at 22:09:04

I just took a sound clip on my drilled exhaust, and it don't sound anything like it actually does. But then, this ain't no hi dollar camera either.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
OntheBoulevard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 10/18/10 at 10:12:06

Maybe I should go at this another way. If one of you has a louder and deeper exhaust they put on, that gives a good bass response, let me know what you had to do to make it that way. I would be willing to a simple rejet, if I could get some real growl, but I don't really care about adding performance, since I'm a new rider. 65 is plenty fast enough for me, and anything over that, seems like I'm on a rocket sled. I don't want the exhaust to be so loud that you couldn't hear yourself scream over it, or where like some Harley riders I know, have to wear ear plugs. I followed my Uncle one time riding a Harley through Columbus, and we couldn't talk to each other in the car over his exhaust! Here in Ohio, it seems like about anything goes on a bike, and you can also ride without a helmet, so emissions or noise are not going to be an issue with doing mods.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 10/18/10 at 10:39:26

When the air flow out is increased, the engine will operate differently. It Will run leaner than it is now. It Will sound different. Its tied together, change the way the exhaust works, change the ease with which the engine "breathes". IMO, the cheapest, easiest, best looking & all round "Bang for the Buck" is a Dyna muffler. I went for the Supertrapp, which, frankly isnt very attractive to my eye, but if I had your stated desires, I woulda gone with the Dyna. 20 bux & some head scratchin time. Youll get some increase in power, trust me, it aint gonna wheelie out from under ya..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
OntheBoulevard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 10/18/10 at 11:48:36

I like the one Dyna sound sample really well, and if it's anywhere close  in reality, to what that sample sounded like, that would work for me. What does it take to make that happen? It's probably not just the muffler. I'd imagine it would take some sort of rjet, maybe a different air cleaner. I'm sure there's a formula for it. Is the mufflers name "Dyno"- or is it Dyno-flow or whatever. Where do you get them, etc? I don't anything about motorcycles, but if you can steer me in the right direction, I can turn a wrench pretty well.

IP Logged
IN-S40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan City, IN
Reply #19 - 10/18/10 at 11:58:00

The Dyna mufflers are just stock Harley Davidson Dyna mufflers. I just got a set off ebay for $42 shipped that i will be putting on my bike and my girlfriends bike. You want to look for the 65747-94 muffler. http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1274566701/10#10

Darren
IN-S40

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 10/18/10 at 13:05:25

Seriously, Its just not a big deal. I understand your willingness & ability to get all shook up about what to do & how to do it. I Know, cuz I Remember my own feelings when I started messin with this thing. Maaan, take a deep breath, relax & understand this, please, Its all gonna be okay & the folks here arent gonna let ya screw your bike up. Youll learn a lot & have fun. Dont be afraid of that bike, enjoy it.. even the parts where your heart gets in your throat, because youve found yourself being put in a position to do things that scare the crap outta you.. just go slow & ask questions.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
OntheBoulevard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 10/18/10 at 17:05:23

Well, I appreciate that. I also appreciate the link to the Dyno muffler installation. I have been enjoying this bike. I liked reading the page on the "lump in the throat" moments. It made me feel a little better about being a newbie, and that others have had the same experiences as I have. It sees like everyone I work with has been riding all their lives, and they have a hard time remembering what it was like to start out, especially if they were just teenagers. I could never afford a bike when I was younger, or I would have certainly started earlier. It has been a wonderful experience so far, experiencing  everything being out in the open. There are a lot of places I have avoided for years that are a pain in the ass to drive on in a car, and slow you down getting to your destination. Now when I go out on the bike, I really have no destination, and get to enjoy the beauty of everything in a whole new way. The Savage/Boulevard, is a great bike to learn on. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It has good power and torque off the line and rides fairly comfortably. It goes good at highway speeds 55 to 65. It's sits low for shorter people like me, and there's not a lot of gimmicks to have to deal with as a beginner. My buddy that kind of got me started in all this, rides a 1200 Harley Sportster, and absolutely loves my handlebars. He has those one that I think are called buck horns that curve down at the ends. They're very uncomfortable when compared to the Boulevard, which are almost like drag bars. It is a light bike, so if there comes the time when you drop it, at least you don't have to get a forklift to get it up off the ground. As I mentioned in the introduction, I bought this bike a couple months ago (or less) for under $2000.00 with 3040 miles on it. I think it's a lot of bike for that money. I was impressed with it the first time I saw it, and knew I was having "THAT ONE", even though I had never seen it, or another Savage/Boulevard in my life. I just stumbled across it on Ebay, and it was in driving distance to go pick up. I had looked at getting a Honda 250 Rebel, but after seeing the Suzuki version of it (CZ?), I knew it was going to be too small even for me.

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #22 - 10/18/10 at 23:58:46

Supertrapp all the way!  I have a question for those who are running 14 discs. I have never ran more than 8 and would like to know if their is a noticeable difference in performance and power. I have heard the Harley, raask, and Jardine mufflers and the supertrapp has the best sound. Nice deep rumble and pretty cool sound when down shifting. A huge difference in performance from the stock muffler.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 10/19/10 at 01:55:40

6 disks is just not enuff.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 23:23:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hartman Mod questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.