pegs vs floorboards (Read 942 times)
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Re: pegs vs floorboards
Reply #30 - 10/25/10 at 18:20:54

The bags are LeatherLyke, and they come with the turn signal relocator pieces.  The boards are the ones from JP cycles (BabyHog gives the url above.)  They required drilling out the holes in the mounts a little, and some spacing-nothing major. The fork brace is the T-Kat.  The Trapp has 7 discs, and yes, the carb has the white spacer mod and rejet (all done by Serowbot).  When the bike turned 26 K (now at 28) I took it to a performance shop and had them install Lancer's timing chain and Verslangen's tensioner and had the head ported and polished. Oh yes, as a final note. the bars are off of a Dyna.  Serowbot had them laying around and put them on. No cable changes.  I absolutely love them.

IP Logged
NikoruWiriamu
YaBB Newbies

Auburndale, Florida
Reply #31 - 11/04/10 at 10:16:01

babyhog wrote on 10/14/10 at 05:36:02:
Here is a set that a few people have used with success.  $39.99 Someone should have a pic with them mounted.  I keep considering them, but haven't decided if I'm ready for them yet.  Maybe try searching this forum for J&P Cycles, item # 5500000  

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5500000

http://img0.jpcycles.com/product/5500000_A.jpg

Oh gosh, I'm not technical when it comes to mechanics. Sad
I had my father-in-law install these on my bike, and I love floor-boards, but these wobble and move so much, especially on my right side!! I'm not sure how to fix this issue without using tape and looking like a retard! I had to tape my front turn signals for now because I don't know how to install the brackets to hold them..so I guess more tape wouldn't be so bad. *sigh*

For a non-bike mechanically inclined person, what's the best solution for that issue?

Btw, I'm loving my SuperTrapp. :3
I bring tears to grown men on Harley's with my pipe. Heh.

What is the white-spacer mod? O.o

I'm loving the look of powder coating it. Too bad I don't have more money to get everything done that I want to! I'm actually looking in to trading or selling it to get a Vulcan 900 next year. I'm just ready for a bigger bike.

NikoruWiriamu   IP Logged
Classic650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NH
Reply #32 - 08/24/11 at 08:09:07

I just got the same floorboards put on like the one on the yellow & black bikes.  New holes were drilled into them to make them fit better.  The left one tilts downward a bit & the mount will have to be machined to be corrected, I'm going to wait until winter & my neighbor will handle it for me.  The right one fits absolutely perfect, he had to adjust the mount or something to get the right angle, but that can't be done on the left because the set-up is completely different.  

I love them, I don't know why I waited so long to get them.

IP Logged
Joe F

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 04/02/12 at 04:08:44

gerald.hughes wrote on 10/25/10 at 18:20:54:
The bags are LeatherLyke, and they come with the turn signal relocator pieces.

Has anyone tried the LeatherLyke compact bags?  They only spec the large bags for the S40/LS650 but do make smaller ones for the GZ250/Eliminator/etc. I was thinking maybe I could drill a hole in my side rails so I wouldn't have to move the turn signals if I used the compact version.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:20:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › pegs vs floorboards

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.