Sold my suzi! (Read 234 times)
FL Native
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deland, Florida
Sold my suzi!
10/11/10 at 08:28:04

Well, I did it.... I traded my '05 S40 a couple of weeks ago! I will miss my friend. She was after all, my first bike. :'(
She has since been replaced by an '08 883 Low (996 miles)- I do like it alot, but it will never be "my first bike".
And a BIG thank you to everyone on here that posted articles that helped me with her customization. Even the dealership commented on her "sleek lines".

Chrissie (Florida Native)

Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctem
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Sold my suzi!
Reply #1 - 10/11/10 at 09:36:30

Lot of young people trade up to bigger bikes,And old people to smaller lighter bikes.Hope you enjoy your new ride.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 10/11/10 at 11:07:30

Good for you, if that's what you wanted.  You can still hang around here though...  we won't kick you out...   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 10/11/10 at 12:26:10

Nice to hear your happy with your new ride. I looked and sat on the 883 low before buying my S-40. I wish you many happy trails on your new ride..Smiley kim

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 10/11/10 at 17:41:55

bill67 wrote on 10/11/10 at 09:36:30:
Lot of young people trade up to bigger bikes,And old people to smaller lighter bikes.Hope you enjoy your new ride.

Bill, Talked to a guy filling up a C50 at the gas station today. Told him I ride a small bike because my back is bad and can't hold up a heavy bike. He told me he rides a heavy bike because he has a bad back and light bikes beat him to death. Go figure...

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
FL Native
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deland, Florida
Reply #5 - 10/12/10 at 05:01:55

Thanks everyone, I will probably pop in every now and then, as I enjoy reading your commentaries and antics. Especially the ones about "oil".
Huh
Ha Bill67, I am "old" (47) but seem to enjoy the weight of this bike, couldn't go bigger tho, although I'm 5'9", I don't have alot of "weight to me".

Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctem
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #6 - 10/12/10 at 05:17:40

I think 60 is the time a person starts realizing their getting old,FL you have quiet a few years to go,enjoy it while you can.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #7 - 10/12/10 at 21:45:04

Hope you have many happy mile on your new ride. I went to a heavier bike myself and will always have good things to say about S40.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #8 - 10/12/10 at 23:00:10

I don't get the thing of selling a bike to get another. One woman at a time is understandable since they can use guns but bikes don't think like that. Bikes can stand side by side in the same garage and not even say a bad word to each other yet your likely to throw your legs around either. They may dribble a speck of oil or some may even force out a dribble of anti-freeze but it's not something that can't be cleared up and corrected. I have several bikes in my garage and enjoy each of them. I must admit though, sometimes I close the door because the cackling bugs me.

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 10/12/10 at 23:19:31

I agree! Especially my first bike! I would have never sold it if someone hadn't stolen it first. I could never sell my savage. Its my best friend!

IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #10 - 10/12/10 at 23:57:01

Hey Stinger! Glad your O.K. and fixing the bike ..right? Don't know you personally but we ride. Get strong and get going Pal Wink

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #11 - 10/13/10 at 00:54:41

Congrats on the XL883L ... one of my all time fave Bikes! Wish you many happy miles with her!

As for selling your LS650 ... one of the biggest regrets of my life was having sold my original '03 Savage back in '07 (thought an S50 would be better ... WRONG!) ... but with the costs of insurance and registration, etc. not everyone can afford a stable of Bikes, let alone more than one!!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
FL Native
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deland, Florida
Reply #12 - 10/13/10 at 04:59:07

Realistically, having 2 bikes wasn't possible, we have a 1 car garage: a 2010 streetglide (named "The Beast") and my bike ("Beauty" Wink), really leaves no room for anything else. Additionally, I am pretty much a "fair weather" rider. She was a good bike, and I will miss her, but I am the total opposite of a hoarder, I like that she will teach someone else the same lessons she taught me.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctem
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 09:24:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sold my suzi!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.