Send Topic Print
Bar lights and stuff (Read 111 times)
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Bar lights and stuff
10/06/10 at 18:19:30

Four years ago I fabricated a set of bar lights using a pair of bullet marker lights from Mr Whitney.  Part # ccj015215.  The original blubs went out last week and I replaced them with 25w 12v.( I think).  Now it looks like I have a modulator. When either turn signal is on the headlight blinks opposite.  The original was 20w 12v.  The lights are wired to the high beam only.  I don't mind  the modulator effect as it looks like another saftey feature. Curious as to what caused it.  05 S40.  My stalling problem seems to be the petcock. (have been running on 'prime')  Need the Raptor  petcock part # or Raptor yr model.  If you would like a picture of the light bar PM me your e-mail address.  Had pixs posted last May but they have been deleted. Smiley

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Re: Bar lights and stuff
Reply #1 - 10/07/10 at 11:17:05

What is different about the Raptor petcock and what needs plugging and do you have the reserve??

Thanks

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #2 - 10/07/10 at 11:26:06

Baldeagle wrote on 10/07/10 at 11:17:05:
What is different about the Raptor petcock and what needs plugging and do you have the reserve??

Thanks

Hey Baldy

The raptor does not work of off a vacuum, like the savage does.  It is a "on - off - reserve" thing.  So there is a reserve, but I do not think it is quite as much as the stock reserve.  You will have to plug the vacuum port off the carb, on the right hand side of the bike, as you are sitting on it.  Someone sent me a cap for the nipple, which I lost.  The next cap I zip tied on and it has stayed so far.  It is not a hard thing to do and makes getting the tank on and off easier.  The replacement itself is not hard, either.  It simply bolts on.

I am not sure if it matters which year you get, I know there are posts somewhere that give the part number.  Search raptor part number, change the week to all posts and I usually limit the search to one result per thread and I got 9 hits.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 10/07/10 at 11:31:58

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Baldeagle