Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
crashed yesterday (Read 697 times)
qp
YaBB Newbies

Salt Lake City
Re: crashed yesterday
Reply #30 - 10/08/10 at 08:29:01

To add my 2 cents, I, too, laid down the bike last week. The only explanation is that I was following too closely, so the only way to avoid the collision was to kiss the asphalt. The bike is running again, and, thankfully I only suffered road rash and a bruised ego. Gratefully now, I remembered my training and avoided a much more serious outcome.

Seriously consider the Experienced Rider Course offered by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation - they are on your side. It saved my neck, and it can save yours, too.

Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #31 - 10/08/10 at 12:35:23

qp wrote on 10/08/10 at 08:29:01:
To add my 2 cents, I, too, laid down the bike last week. The only explanation is that I was following too closely, so the only way to avoid the collision was to kiss the asphalt. The bike is running again, and, thankfully I only suffered road rash and a bruised ego. Gratefully now, I remembered my training and avoided a much more serious outcome.

Seriously consider the Experienced Rider Course offered by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation - they are on your side. It saved my neck, and it can save yours, too.

Did they explain in your rider's courses (basic, experienced) that you can stop a MC in a shorter distance by keeping the rubber side down than by putting it on it's side? You can also swerve further side to side than you can move side to side (to avoid a collision) in a slide. So unless you slide under something you want to avoid hitting keep the rubber side down.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #32 - 10/21/10 at 12:00:37

So Fuschia, how are you coming along?  Did your surgery go well?  Are the bikes recuperating too?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #33 - 10/21/10 at 12:43:59

qp wrote on 10/08/10 at 08:29:01:

Those rider courses are a wast of money,I never or my wife or my brother,39 years and over 150000 never been down,Wife 45000 miles never down,Brother over 200000 miles and never down.People must take those courses and think they know how to ride and don't, that you can only teacher your self,Like you learned how to walk and ride a bicycle.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #34 - 10/21/10 at 13:28:44

I think any extra courses are worth it whether it be riding, racing, skiing, cars etc... They can throw you into situations within a controlled environment and allow  you to practice. Experience is great and for those that can rack up tons of miles that's great but if you can't rack 'em up that way then the courses are always a help.

Unfortunatly it's the cagers that really need to be taking refresher courses...

Plus you get a discount on insurance in most States...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Fuschia

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 10/21/10 at 14:37:23

The surgery went fine and I have been doing the exercises the Dr.showed me and every day it seems I can lift my arm a little higher. I go back in tomorrow to get the staples out from the surgery and hopefully
tomorrow the Dr. will clear me to start driving my car again. I can't stand having to depend on my son to take me everywhere!We got the rest of my bike's parts in Tuesday and my husband finished putting it back together yesterday and his parts came in today so he'll have his bike together by this weekend. I've already got my new helmet so now I just have to wait patiently to heal up! Smiley

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #36 - 10/21/10 at 23:40:37

Thats how I crashed last week!  Usually I give lots of room for either bikes or cars in front of me, but this time I got lax and ran into the back of my friends kawasaki police bike. Maybe only 10 mph but it was the hardest I have ever hit anything. Broke some fingers and my knuckles, strained and fractured wrist and a broken rib and some damaged organs I guess cause I feel all loose inside and its painful. I go in for some more tests on my chest today. Yesterday, the President was visiting our city and cars slowed to watch his procession on the other side of the freeway. A biker riding to close failed to notice the cars slowing and ran into the back of one and his bike caught fire. He died at the hospital. You have to pay attention on a bike! And that can't be stressed enough!

IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #37 - 10/22/10 at 00:27:02

Get well girl and am still sorry to hear of your mishap. You will be fine. Especially with your husbands help. Coulda' happened with a skateboard Smiley Big freakin fast skateboard Cool

IP Logged
Fuschia

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 10/22/10 at 10:38:54

Got the staples out.Another lesson learned today: Don't listen to other peoples horror stories! I went in there terrified of the pain I was going to feel having the staples come out.It turned out that I didn't feel it at all! The doctor cleared me to drive again as long as I don't take any vicoden so even though I can't go back to work yet at least I can start driving myself around.Yeah! Grin Thanks for all the well wishes and Stinger,I hope you're feeling better too! I think we both learned a very important lesson the hard way but as long as we learn from it then we're doing good! Wink

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #39 - 10/22/10 at 10:47:02

Hey gal, great to hear your doing well. Sounds like you will soon be back on the bike as well.
That will be the best medicine. Take care, hugs and keep your spirit up.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 01:24:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › crashed yesterday

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.