Silly Question (Read 169 times)
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Silly Question
10/03/10 at 01:30:08

Got to wondering if anyone had ever got them some small headlights, say 4 inch or so, and made a lightbar? Rig it up to run brights on bright and lows on low with the standard headlight?
If so what headlights did you use?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Silly Question
Reply #1 - 10/03/10 at 02:08:03

Folks have done it, go check search to find the threads.

Main thing is they had to get small wattage draw bulbs for the light bar lights, had to swap out bulbs to get the total draw for main headlight and light bar lights (running together) to get below what the alternator and rectifier total output can reliably supply.

They had enough lights running out in front to suck the total electrical system down to zero before they got home.

Huh

Ooopsie ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 10/03/10 at 04:03:58

http://www.jirehcycles.com/

I have never tried, have not bought these, but they DO have 4.5" or even only just 3.5" diameter headlights available.

Our headlight is a stock H4 60/55 watt light, same as the above.   A pair of 3.5" headlights on a lightbar plus the headlight would be 180 watts -- 13-15 amps.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 10/03/10 at 09:43:38

Really not silly enough,...  I'm disappointed... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 10/03/10 at 20:28:04

This thread was a little different, GrateFulDead was working on fog lights, but I posted a link to an ebay auction for some custom light bars that you might be interested in...  not sure about the fit, but there are some drawings and measurements and may give you some ideas...  

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1285131051

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #5 - 10/04/10 at 00:34:31

Check out J&P Cycles. They have almost anything out there and the prices are as good as you going to get. My bike, which I happen to love more then my first girlfriend, was mostly J&P catalog parts.
Lupo

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #6 - 10/04/10 at 02:14:34

Yeah i know the wattage is a problem to be worked on. But just running a lightbar on low or high raises the ugly head of sucking the electrical system dry unless you finagle the bulbs a bit.
Id seen some speak of runing a double headlight but that just dont look right on an s40 to me. Electrical draw there is a problem as well.
It just bugs me with the 'tunnel' of light you get off the single headlamp, especialy now with large 4 legged critters moveing of an evening and after dark.
Thought someone might know of some LED type headlights that might work.

Off hand what is the total output on a 2007 s40 and what if anything have you got left over from a stock configuration?

Silly enough for you serowbot? Tongue Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:22:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Silly Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.