Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Purchasing Cover - Quick ? (Read 134 times)
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Purchasing Cover - Quick ?
09/28/10 at 22:19:02

This is the cover I'm looking to purchase as I have to store my bike outside while at school. Anyone know what size I should pick up? I was guessing medium but from the sounds of it they tend to run small...

And if anyone has any input on the cover let me know. Thanks!

http://www.bikebandit.com/nelson-rigg-falcon-cruiser-628-cover

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Purchasing Cover - Quick ?
Reply #1 - 09/29/10 at 02:07:57

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/BikeCovers.aspx

The 250cc Suzuki and Honda cruisers have a 57" wheelbase.  The 250cc Yamaha and our 650 have a 58" wheelbase, our a little smaller than the 250 V-Star.  All other "small" cruisers are 62"+ wheelbase, and the big cruisers are around 68" wheelbase.

BikeBandit is at $55.73 plus $8.95 shipping, is shown as closeout special.  About 4 years ago they back-ordered brake pads and never told me.  BikeBandit is San Diego CA -- it ships to me quick, but I have to pay State Sales Tax.  

Amazon found the "nelson rigg 628 md" and "nelson rigg 628 m" for the cover low price of $45.47 by Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse.  Crosscheck to their site shows the medium FC628 to be not on stock.

Amazon shows the cover at $56.86 + $7.95 shipping In stock. Processing takes an additional 3 to 4 days. Sold by Fay Myers Motorcycle World.  For $0.13 it shows it In Stock -- which matters when you what it ASAP.  

Dennis Kirk has it in stock, 61.99+7.99 ship, and they ship out Same Day.  $5.30 and it will be quickest, shipped from Rush City MN.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/29/10 at 06:07:53

Be careful with those things. A sudden big blow has been known to knock a bike down.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #3 - 09/29/10 at 16:34:56

I just got two of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-length-cruiser-Tourer-Chopper/dp/B000X4PPSU/...

and I mean JUST.  Put it in the bike for the first time 10 minutes ago.  Quality looks OK.  Generally, my experience says a cover won't last more than a year if you use them outside.  The heat resistant cloth at the bottom rots and mildews.
I like the XXL covers.  It just makes it easier to cover the bike.
Never had a problem with the cover blowing off or the bike blowing over, but it sits about 2 feet from the house.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #4 - 09/29/10 at 21:58:09

Once again thanks for the numbers Paladin. Order placed. I went with the next stage up since it comes with a lifetime warranty.

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #5 - 09/30/10 at 12:28:19

Local WalMart has universal cover for $19. Good enough for one year, then trash, buy new and repeat.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 17:44:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Purchasing Cover - Quick ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.