Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Nearing completion-Another Bobber (Read 393 times)
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Nearing completion-Another Bobber
09/24/10 at 16:32:19

Almost done!  I have been reading (this forum), wrenching, tweaking, scraping knuckles, spilling stuff, and hacksawing for months... but now it is almost done.

Thanks to all those on this site, giving me information and courage to do what didn't know I can do.  

Where it is today.

Close up.

Without fender.

BCB seat.  I love it.

The bike I'm chasing on my bike (in my dreams).

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
B1-66er

I've been everything
you want to be.

Eastern Ohio
Re: Nearing completion-Another Bobber
Reply #1 - 09/24/10 at 16:35:22

lookin good

im not a fan of white, but its still lookin darn good

you gonna leave the fender on? i think it looks better without

IP Logged
BarneyBWilde

Adrenaline does it
every time!

Down by the Gulf in Texas!
Reply #2 - 09/24/10 at 18:50:47

Im gonna start chasing that chick Bike with you!  Nice bike friend!

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #3 - 09/24/10 at 19:40:24

Is it the way they the seat or the way you mounted it that puts it over the tank like that? How comfy is the seat? I have a different tank that isn't as long as stock so I might be alright. I have been eying their seats, still just not 100% sure how I'm going to finish the rear half of my bike lol.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #4 - 09/24/10 at 23:29:15

I had the fender off while it was being painted.  I really liked the way it looked.  But being in SF, riding in wet weather was not very fun.  Get a nice wet spray.
B1-66er wrote on 09/24/10 at 16:35:22:
lookin good

im not a fan of white, but its still lookin darn good

you gonna leave the fender on? i think it looks better without

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #5 - 09/24/10 at 23:32:04

The is actually mounted where the tank ends.  The seat is very different from the stock.  Much wider. Feels like I gained an inch on seat height.  However, I got used to it fast.  It is also very comfortable.  I will not go back to the stock seat.

Savage_Amusement wrote on 09/24/10 at 19:40:24:
Is it the way they the seat or the way you mounted it that puts it over the tank like that? How comfy is the seat? I have a different tank that isn't as long as stock so I might be alright. I have been eying their seats, still just not 100% sure how I'm going to finish the rear half of my bike lol.

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #6 - 09/24/10 at 23:35:22

Something about silver color... its shiny and alluring.

BarneyBWilde wrote on 09/24/10 at 18:50:47:
Im gonna start chasing that chick Bike with you!  Nice bike friend!

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #7 - 09/25/10 at 01:43:30

Nice Build dude! Am a fan of the LS650 dressed in white and think your Bike looks great ... love the rear fender too! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #8 - 09/25/10 at 04:19:13

Tiefighterpilot wrote on 09/24/10 at 23:32:04:
The is actually mounted where the tank ends.  The seat is very different from the stock.  Much wider. Feels like I gained an inch on seat height.  However, I got used to it fast.  It is also very comfortable.  I will not go back to the stock seat.

Did you get the big seat or the small seat?

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 09/25/10 at 07:17:42

Having seen the difference with & without a forkbrace, Im sold on it being a Must Have item on these forks.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #10 - 09/25/10 at 08:49:36

Big seat.  It feels nice when riding.
It took a little getting used to not having a rear seat.  
Almost feels like I am going to fall off.  Likely it was in my head, knowing there that the seat ended closer to my butt.

Savage_Amusement wrote on 09/25/10 at 04:19:13:
Tiefighterpilot wrote on 09/24/10 at 23:32:04:

Did you get the big seat or the small seat?

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #11 - 09/25/10 at 08:56:15

Thank you.

The paint looks very white in the photo, but its actually pearl white.  I bought this bike because of the color.  Pretty rare color for a bike.

I rattlecan sprayed painted the fender to match.  It took some work and time, but it was better than a body shop wanting to charge me $400 or so for just a fender.  It did take more work than expected... primer, base coats, wetsandings, pearl coats, and clear coats.  It came out very close to the original pear white... most people dont realize the fender paint is different from the tank.

PerrydaSavage wrote on 09/25/10 at 01:43:30:
Nice Build dude! Am a fan of the LS650 dressed in white and think your Bike looks great ... love the rear fender too! Cool

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #12 - 09/25/10 at 09:27:01

Your dedication and hard work paid off. Your bike looks very nice. I like the seat.  Good luck in catching up with that gal..Smiley kim

IP Logged
ThumperKat
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

San Antonio, TX
Reply #13 - 09/25/10 at 09:30:12

more sold than ever that i have to bob mine...now i just have to win a small lottery...hmmm.

'86 Savage: Rusty Ruby aka Beater Baby
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #14 - 09/25/10 at 16:56:53

ThumperKat wrote on 09/25/10 at 09:30:12:
more sold than ever that i have to bob mine...now i just have to win a small lottery...hmmm.

To bad I'm not still in Dallas.It's not as bad as you think.If you can do it yourself it's even better.My purple '87 I have maybe $1,000.00 in the build.BUT,before you go holy sh!t.That includes everything new,in cluding some engine parts.Tank,fender,Metalflake paint,bars(cables,etc.)tires(w/tubes)F&R brakes......That bike was 110% when I sold it.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:27:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Nearing completion-Another Bobber

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!