Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
centering the rear tire on bike (Read 106 times)
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
centering the rear tire on bike
09/23/10 at 17:52:59

This feels like it should be an easy fix and i must be missing something but not sure what- Here is my problem.  A few months ago i replaced my rear tire with a same size new tire ( dunlop ) and put everything back where it belonged on the bike, made sure no missing or extra pieces laying around.  Shortly there after i noticed my tire was being rubbed by the saddle bag brackets and this never happened before.  I have noticed that there is a slight gap in the grove where the swing arm is connected to the brakes.  is there anyway to adjust this without taking the tire back off of the bike?  any help would be appreciated.  Thanks everyone

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: centering the rear tire on bike
Reply #1 - 09/23/10 at 18:39:28

If it rubbing on both sides even then it most likely ok,You can grind the bolts down and reload more or get longer shocks

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #2 - 09/23/10 at 19:02:41

Sorry - forgot to mention the fact that it is only rubbing on the left side of the tire

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #3 - 09/23/10 at 22:02:38

Same problem here. I'm the second owner of the bike and have reason to believe the spacers were put in reversed... but I plan on having a new set of tires installed. I'm also running a Dunlop on the rear. The tire being rubbed by bolts on the left side rear fender seems to be a fairly common problem with this bike.

IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #4 - 09/23/10 at 22:06:00

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 09/23/10 at 22:29:19

The spacers have different diameters.  The large one goes on the pulley side and fits tightly with the seal that is there.

WWW   IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #6 - 09/24/10 at 08:02:04

i am also the second owner of this bike and put the spacers and everything  back exactly the way it came off and it doesnt seem to be rubbing on the bolts now that i took the saddle bags off....it just seems that the rear tire is not centered in the fender when you look at it...any suggestions?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:28:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › centering the rear tire on bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.