Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Squeaking noice from the belt (Read 369 times)
Lupo

Re: Squeaking noice from the belt
Reply #15 - 10/21/10 at 22:53:37

On a good level concrete surface, like a garage floor. Put the bike on your swingarm stand (got one right?) and use a T or level and shim or whatever it takes to get the rear wheel at 90 deg. then turn the front to get the same. If the front won't line up you'll have to loosen your triple tree pinch bolts (bottom tree), take the bike off the stand, bounce the front end and tighten the pinch bolts. Back on the stand, level the rear then the front. Good? O.K., now get a long string or line and run it from the rear wheel, from about 4" off the ground to the front. What I mean here is completely around the rear on both sides of the rear running up to both sides of the front. What your looking for is the string level along each side where it touches on the rear to the front. Now with all the things correct (90deg.,rear line etc), the string at the rear surface along the front tire should be the same distance (about 1/2 inch)  on each side. If not your rear wheel marks (on the adjuster) are off and will need to be corrected. This assures the wheels are aligned which is most important then you can shim the front sprocket if needed. I doubt it though.
Reading this , I see what I mean but....if you have questions just PM me. We can do it by phone.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 10/21/10 at 23:06:15

That's a complete alignment procedure Lupo.

My technique is simplified and just addresses the belt.
raise the rear wheel off the ground and in neutral.
rotate the wheel and observe the belt.
If the belt tracks to the right, tighten the right and vise versa.
then spin the wheel the other way and readjust.
Try to get the belt in the middle, but as long as it's off the sides it should stop squeaking.

WWW   IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #17 - 10/21/10 at 23:17:17

...hey, I still had a bit of libation in my glass Huh Yea, probably overkill but, it can't hurt.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #18 - 10/22/10 at 06:07:08

Quote:
Try to get the belt in the middle, but as long as it's off the sides it should stop squeaking.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
That would be nice,....but there are several cogs that are continuously making slipping contact w/ the pulley,...front and rear, and I am convinced that is where much/most squeaking takes place,.....no different than a noisy serpentine belt on an auto engine.

I don't run a very tight belt,......not after having a couple rocks go thru it,...I just won't do it !

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 05:29:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Squeaking noice from the belt

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.