Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Going, Going, Dead (Read 130 times)
NDBiker

Columbus, Ohio
Going, Going, Dead
09/20/10 at 13:40:30

I get on my bike for a cruise and go a block then it dies.  I check it and there is actually no power to anything.  I walk it back home and check the two fuses under the seat and they look fine.  The battery is a fairly new (four months) sealed battery so I figure it's not that.  What happened?  It's my primary vehicle and parking is only fifteen bucks a year for it compared to a hundred plus bus fare to work and such. :'(

My motorcycle gets better gas mileage than your hybrid.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Going, Going, Dead
Reply #1 - 09/20/10 at 13:44:49

I don't know why but twice my bike did the same thing and I checked everything that I was supposed to. Then I noticed that the bolt under the kickstand was loose. tightened it up and it started right away. I guess it holds the kickstand shutoff switch in place and anyway you might want to check it out.

IP Logged
NDBiker

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #2 - 09/20/10 at 13:46:15

I would have thought that too but there was no power to any of the lights, head tail turn and speedo.

My motorcycle gets better gas mileage than your hybrid.
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #3 - 09/20/10 at 14:03:48

this happened to me once and my - connection was loose on my battery...

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
jsarsfield

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/20/10 at 14:04:55

NDBiker wrote on 09/20/10 at 13:46:15:
I would have thought that too but there was no power to any of the lights, head tail turn and speedo.

Try and change the fuses both of them ... Many times you won't be able to see the break.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 09/20/10 at 16:39:07

Usually with electric issues, it best to start where last you went.  Check the battery connections and of course, the ground.  I mean, take the connections appart, clean, then reconnect.  Then test.. Cheesy
If you have the equipment, check the battery..occassionally a new battery dies long before it should.  Does your commute run long enough to charge the battery?  Best of luck, this could be a longish process and others more knowledgable than I will help you along the way.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #6 - 09/20/10 at 19:38:02

ND, I say go with the tips you have so far, then go with the things that are supposed to make it quit--Ignition,  handlebar kill switch, kickstand switch (Blue wire under tank). If you have an OHM meter use it and wiggle your wires gently while you use it. Once had a Kawa with a broken wire that was held onto the connection by the insulation. Ran us crazy until we wiggled it. Happy hunting.  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 09/20/10 at 19:49:56

blue wire is neutral switch.

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #8 - 09/20/10 at 20:09:43

10-4. I stand corrected. It gave me trouble by coming lose and not letting my bike idle in neutra lwith stand down, I believe? Maybe that's what I was thinking. Thanks

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #9 - 09/21/10 at 07:10:32

Believe it or not, if you lost power to everything, count your blessings,......only because that is usually very easy to trouble shoot.

Arm your self w/ a simple 12 volt test light, and start at the battery.
Others here that are more familiar w/ the wiring arrangement should be able to tell you where you should have juice w/o turning anything on.
Wherever you loose it, the problem will be between where you had juice, and where you don't have it.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:21:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Going, Going, Dead

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.