Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fuel breather hose leak (Read 67 times)
Lupo

Fuel breather hose leak
09/19/10 at 23:08:32

Something I've got to deal with is when I fill the tank (and it has been hot here) the fuel breather hose leaks a lot if on the sidestand. I'm thinking I'll loop the hose up higher with a zip tie to a speedo mount screw but am wondering what some of you have done to cure the problem, besides don't fill it so much. It is a small tank so I'd like to be able to use most of it.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Fuel breather hose leak
Reply #1 - 09/19/10 at 23:52:30

... are you talkin' one of the carb's breather hoses?,... or the gas cap vent on the tank?...
If it's one of the carb's,...  you need to adjust the float height,...  if it's the tank vent, you're overfilling the tank...

PS,.. sorry I couldn't make the Sunday ride,... it was gunshow week and I had to sell a gun...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
PhilM

England (Twyford)
Reply #2 - 09/20/10 at 00:02:08

Are you in California? Is this the tank without the venting cap?

IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #3 - 09/20/10 at 00:38:39

Serowbot, guns are good so of course all is understood. We'll get the moto stuff together.
Now the leak... Yes it's the tank breather and I'm thinking I can loop the hose higher to stop it.  And Phil, I think it is a CA bike. I'm the third owner and a key fob was a San Diego bank. The tank has a breather up under the left side of the filler and I ran a hose down to "ground zero". Even filling to the bottom of the neck and it still leaks when on the side stand. It's not a big deal but it is a PITA because I like to leave my tank full when sitting to avoid rusting.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 09/20/10 at 00:43:39

Oh,.. most of us non-Ca Savages have vented caps...  I'd try running the vent up to the handlebar, or as high as you can get it in the speedo bezel if you want to keep it hidden...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #5 - 09/20/10 at 00:52:04

..yea that's what I'm thinking just so I don't have to lose capacity. You know how we get out here between gas stations.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 07:25:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuel breather hose leak

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.