Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Blue Grass anybody???
09/19/10 at 15:40:55

Any audiophiles out there? I just came across a collection of reel to reel tapes from the 60's along with a reel to reel tape recorder. The collection was my brother's who lost his battle with cancer a few years ago. The tape recorder is made by Tanberg, came from Norway and still works. The first tape I played is by Bill Monroe recorded live at Haverford college in 1966. I've spent most of the weekend transfering the music to my computer and setting it up to burn a disk. I've the strange feeling that I have the only existing copy of that concert which is kinda cool and a little scary. Don't know what to do with it but Bill Monroe can sure play some good Blue Grass. Cheesy As I digest the tape collection I'll post what I find. 

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Re: Blue Grass anybody???
Reply #1 - 09/19/10 at 15:48:10

I'd be interested in buying a copy of that! Cool
I'm originally a Tennessee boy & grew up listening to my dads' records, mostly bluegrass & jazz. Dad had a lot of New Orleans style music That I really loved.
Still have bluegrass on my mp3, Ricky Scaggs is one of my favorites. Grin

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 09/20/10 at 00:58:50

Very, very cool! I love Bluegrass music too! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #3 - 09/20/10 at 11:14:11

I always like hearing about stuff like this. I'm a Rock music lover, yet not a snob. I can appreciate all kinds of different good music. I know an older guy that has several reel to reel players and honestly with the set up he has, it sounds better and more smooth than a CD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

Great movie and song lol.

Just ran across this one lol...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MmcEK6y1qI

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #4 - 09/22/10 at 09:59:07

I enjoy Bluegrass music as well. Try listening to it without tapping your feet or fingers.. It is Impossible. Fun to dance to as well..
Is a nice gift your brother left you. Enjoy that gift and thanks for the offer to share with others.. kim Smiley

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 09/23/10 at 16:15:20

The last tape I just played was from the 1968 Kansas Fiddle Convention. Really incredable stuff with a track of Irish Folk songs on one side. I'm planning to send the deck out to get repaired/restored. There is a lot of take up reel slip at the slower speeds which is distorting the music. Sad. It's going to cost more than the deck is worth but still need to do it because it feels like the right thing to do.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/23/10 at 18:47:12

Louvin Brothers was what I listened to along with "Turn the radio on and listen to the music in the air."
Still listen to the stuff-  youtube is the best online collection along with pandora.net.

But you can't beat Webb Pierce and Faron Young. Course Jimmie Rogers is an old standbye.  and music of West Virginia- real stuff.

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
Educatedredneck
Alliance Member

Sometimes it's
better to be lucky
than good.

Hampstead, Maryland
Reply #7 - 09/23/10 at 22:38:24

pm sent.  I would like a copy for my f-i-l.

1997 Savage - Hard Chrome Drag Pipe, Seat Mod, 152.5 main, 1 - #4 washer, Di Hard Battery, T-Kat, 1" Drag Bar
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 21:07:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Blue Grass anybody???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.