Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Last time your heart jumped out of your chest. (Read 773 times)
BarneyBWilde

Adrenaline does it
every time!

Down by the Gulf in Texas!
Last time your heart jumped out of your chest.
09/15/10 at 12:02:21

Whens the last time your heart jumped out of your chest when you were out riding?

WWW   IP Logged
04 Savage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Last time your heart jumped out of your chest.
Reply #1 - 09/15/10 at 12:30:42

Last week when a ford truck pulled out in front of me, back tire ended up locking up and it was a squeelin'

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 09/15/10 at 12:50:45

A few hundred miles ago, early August, got a new rear tire.  Folks warned me that new tires can be "slick" for the first few miles, and not to go cutting curves hard until it gets broken in.  There is a little "S" curve near my house, with a railroad crossing in the middle.  I can run it at around 25-30 mph, but on the new tire, I was cautious.  Slowed down to about 20 and it still felt like the back end was gonna slide out from under me.  Yep, heart jumped a little....

Left turns are fine now, right turns still make my heart race a little.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Tom K
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brighton, CO
Reply #3 - 09/15/10 at 12:56:59

Earlier this year on my way home from work at 3 AM.  Passing a car on the super slab, I'm right next to the car when a deer jumps out.  I was really hoping the car didn't swerve.  He didn't, and the deer gave us a dirty look.  LOL

2004 Savage
WWW   IP Logged
BarneyBWilde

Adrenaline does it
every time!

Reply #4 - 09/15/10 at 13:02:57

Tom K wrote on 09/15/10 at 12:56:59:
Earlier this year on my way home from work at 3 AM.  Passing a car on the super slab, I'm right next to the car when a deer jumps out.  I was really hoping the car didn't swerve.  He didn't, and the deer gave us a dirty look.  LOL

There are a lot of deers that scamper out every now and then on my way to work.  I see more possums and hogs though.

WWW   IP Logged
jsarsfield

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/15/10 at 13:09:32

the other night coming home traveling 100 km/h see two sets of lights coming straight at me .... Think to myself "must be an optical illusion"  he still wouldn't be in the passing lane ... Boy I was wrong had to go around him on the unpaved shoulder was doing about 70km/h by then but almost shat my pants .... The guy never seemed to have seen me had to pull off the road to have a smoke get the shakes out.  It was a very close call.   Never have I wanted to have a handgun so bad.  

IP Logged
CalisOsin

Rather die, than
live down on my
knees.

Orange County, Ca
Reply #6 - 09/15/10 at 13:37:55

Today on my way to work, somehow the snapclip that holds the gear shifter on came off and the gear shifter followed. It was dangling below the bike. Gave me a start but it turned out to not be a big deal, was able to put the shifter back on the post and hold it in place with my foot until I made it to Checker for a new clip. Only 45 minutes late for work.

'97, k&n airfilter, bcb pipe, custom leather seat, monoshock, custom bars
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #7 - 09/15/10 at 14:26:47

CalisOsin wrote on 09/15/10 at 13:37:55:
Today on my way to work, somehow the snapclip that holds the gear shifter on came off and the gear shifter followed. It was dangling below the bike. Gave me a start but it turned out to not be a big deal, was able to put the shifter back on the post and hold it in place with my foot until I made it to Checker for a new clip. Only 45 minutes late for work.

That's strange. I tried to take the shifter off before, and I couldn't because it hit the frame half way. I wanted to grease the pin that way.

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #8 - 09/16/10 at 06:11:39

Day before yesterday, coming up on a highway intersection with a side road with trees blocking the vision to the oncoming road, lady (on cell phone I realize as I pass - left hand up to the head, she can't really see anything to her left - direction I'm coming from) doesn't stop or really slow down, just pulls onto the highway. Unfortunately since I didn't have time to adjust because of the trees blocking my vision, timing put her right beside me. I swerve to the left and roll the throttle and swerve to right back into my lane. Now I realize she's behind me and probably still not paying any attention. Luckily it's only a few more miles till I turn off so I just maintained my speed until I got far enough in front of her that she wasn't a danger to me - aparently she was also driving slower than traffic because in my rearview I can see cars starting to pile up behind her as I turn off.

Times like these that keep your heart pumping  Tongue

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #9 - 09/16/10 at 09:20:31

Two weeks ago some jerk switched lanes without checking. Lucky for me there was room on my left to just move out of his way. It wasn't a close call, but it did get the old heart into high speed mode.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 09/16/10 at 11:17:25

When I hit the first good bump with my S40 when I was driving it home when I bought it,I'm used to a windshield and not used do holding on tight,I thought I was going off the back.I bought new shocks the next day.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #11 - 09/16/10 at 13:25:48

newby mistake only been riding less than 50 miles - never had a bike before - was doing a Sunday morning ride to get some experience with lite traffic conditions (or so i thought).....back to the newby mistake - came up to medium heavy traffic intersection geared down (thought all the way to first)....tried to time it so i could keep rolling and not have to start off on an uphill......well that did not work too good - so after coming to complete stop at the head of the line 4 or 5 cars behind and more coming - i let the clutch out - gagged it - stomped it (gear shifter - now in 2nd was in 3rd) gagged it cussed it stomped it now in neutral - reved it rolled back cars wizzing by on the right side - stomped it now in 1st now light is red again......guy behind me laughing his a$$ off - i am cussing and embarrassed - and now thank God it is in 1st gear and I only have to negotiate the clutch out gas on uphill take off.....gagged it - cussed it - cranked it and finally by the grace of God it got it moving as more cars coming wizzing by and showing me I am "number 1" in thier opinion.......that was a real attention getter and ran my blood pressure up!

this was in June 2010 now i have 1000 miles under my belt and i can get it in gear pretty good and take off uphill no gagging......

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
BarneyBWilde

Adrenaline does it
every time!

Reply #12 - 09/16/10 at 14:08:46

weracerc wrote on 09/16/10 at 13:25:48:
newby mistake only been riding less than 50 miles - never had a bike before - was doing a Sunday morning ride to get some experience with lite traffic conditions (or so i thought).....back to the newby mistake - came up to medium heavy traffic intersection geared down (thought all the way to first)....tried to time it so i could keep rolling and not have to start off on an uphill......well that did not work too good - so after coming to complete stop at the head of the line 4 or 5 cars behind and more coming - i let the clutch out - gagged it - stomped it (gear shifter - now in 2nd was in 3rd) gagged it cussed it stomped it now in neutral - reved it rolled back cars wizzing by on the right side - stomped it now in 1st now light is red again......guy behind me laughing his a$$ off - i am cussing and embarrassed - and now thank God it is in 1st gear and I only have to negotiate the clutch out gas on uphill take off.....gagged it - cussed it - cranked it and finally by the grace of God it got it moving as more cars coming wizzing by and showing me I am "number 1" in thier opinion.......that was a real attention getter and ran my blood pressure up!

this was in June 2010 now i have 1000 miles under my belt and i can get it in gear pretty good and take off uphill no gagging......

Lol, im sure that will happen to me lol I havnt even rode a mile on my bike  haha...glad to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

WWW   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #13 - 09/16/10 at 17:47:44

Lol, I don't feel too bad now, that happened to me the first time I rode into town and had to stop at a light.  Mine was on level ground though, making a right turn.  Eased out on the clutch, but didn't gas it enough, splut, died.  Embarrassing! Embarrassed

My last heart jumper was in my car on the way to work last week.  30 mph on a twisting industrial area street behind a semi.  Saw a minivan stopped on the sidestreet on the right, cellphone glued to his head.  Soon as the semi passes him, here he comes! Shocked  Utilized my antilock brakes and horn, and had the satisfaction of seeing him freak out enough to jump the curb. Grin  Hope he dropped his phone in his coffee! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 09/16/10 at 18:17:32

Just last week when I was riding through down town Kona this sweet young eye candy in a bikini danced across the street on her way to the beach!
Oh My Gawd riding is dangerous for the ticker for an old fhart in Hawaii.

Phelonius Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:31:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Last time your heart jumped out of your chest.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.