Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Stalling/won't idle/runs fine (Read 483 times)
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Re: Stalling/won't idle/runs fine
Reply #15 - 09/13/10 at 16:45:26

I had cool weather symptoms like you until I switched to the raptor...none since...I did run seafoam through the gas a couple times to see if that would help...it didn't until I switched to the raptor petcock.
Just my experience...
I still use seafoam a couple times a year in the gas and also in the crankcase just before I change the oil out...definately pulls some crud out for oil changes...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 09/13/10 at 16:48:25

Bubba wrote on 09/13/10 at 16:45:26:
I had cool weather symptoms like you until I switched to the raptor...none since...I did run seafoam through the gas a couple times to see if that would help...it didn't until I switched to the raptor petcock.
Just my experience...
I still use seafoam a couple times a year in the gas and also in the crankcase just before I change the oil out...definately pulls some crud out for oil changes...

I hope Charon puts this in his Data files

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #17 - 09/13/10 at 17:00:07

Did you notice where Bubba said "I did run seafoam through the gas a couple of times to see if that would help...it didn't"? We are still awaiting the report from the original poster.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #18 - 09/13/10 at 17:06:14

Read his post he said he put on a new pet thingy,Sea Foam doesn't fix pet cocks and hoses with leaks in them. It cleans carbs and lubes them and cleans engines.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #19 - 09/13/10 at 17:40:19

Actually, bill67, I did read the entire post. I chose to quote the part where he said the Sea Foam didn't help, and he actually had to make repairs. That has seemed to be the case on other problems, too, such as the recent thread where the poster posted a picture of a clogged main jet that Sea Foam didn't clean out. As I said before, I am not going to argue with you. Believe anything you want, with or without any factual basis.

And by the way, be it noted that YOU are the one who is trying to start an argument. The only thing I have been doing is asking people to post the results if they try Sea Foam.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #20 - 09/13/10 at 17:58:39

Charon what did Bubba say about putting it in his engine?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #21 - 09/13/10 at 18:36:57

Presumably, you can read. Read it yourself.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
jsarsfield

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 09/13/10 at 18:42:51

bill67 wrote on 09/13/10 at 14:03:40:
jsarsfield wrote on 09/13/10 at 13:56:33:
bill67 wrote on 09/13/10 at 13:38:07:
Sea foam will clean your slide and lube you pet thingy

It might loosen it up a bit but it won't clean it .... Especially if it has lots of the black build up on it.

Yes it will

Ummm,  exactly how would you know? .... You have told everybody on here that you don't know how to work on motorcycles and you believe
Seafoam replaces mechanics ... Carb cleaner won't even remove the black deposits that form on the slide for that you need some elbow grease and a #2 Phillips. Wink

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #23 - 09/13/10 at 19:23:46

Charon wrote on 09/13/10 at 18:36:57:
Presumably, you can read. Read it yourself.

Charon you only read,see,and hear watch you want too,I guess that would be called a 1 track mind.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #24 - 09/13/10 at 19:26:48

jsarsfield wrote on 09/13/10 at 18:42:51:
bill67 wrote on 09/13/10 at 14:03:40:
jsarsfield wrote on 09/13/10 at 13:56:33:
bill67 wrote on 09/13/10 at 13:38:07:
Sea foam will clean your slide and lube you pet thingy

It might loosen it up a bit but it won't clean it .... Especially if it has lots of the black build up on it.

Yes it will

Ummm,  exactly how would you know? .... You have told everybody on here that you don't know how to work on motorcycles and you believe
Seafoam replaces mechanics ... Carb cleaner won't even remove the black deposits that form on the slide for that you need some elbow grease and a #2 Phillips. Wink

I don't know, do you have 2 phillips on your motorcycle?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #25 - 09/14/10 at 05:56:29

As I said, bill67, I am not going to argue with you. You already know everything.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #26 - 09/14/10 at 06:10:41

Charon wrote on 09/14/10 at 05:56:29:
As I said, bill67, I am not going to argue with you. You already know everything.

Charon every thing I say you say is wrong so it seems you know everything.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #27 - 09/14/10 at 07:34:08

I have been an automotive tech for too many years.
Auto techs are usually not that fond of additives, altho do believe in some OEM additives.

But all this halabloo about Seafoam (not just from Bill either) has had my attention. And notice.... I have not badmouth Seafoam, and even recommended to try it in a case or 2. where nothing to loose.

Well,.....ironically, (I'll make a long story short here) I came up w/ an intermittent fuel problem on my 50 hp 4 stroke outboard, that was going to require me to bring it to the Merc boys to (try to) fix......@ $100 an hr,  so...........against my better judgement, I bought a can of seafoam. W/ the tank near empty, I mixed it w/ 5 gals of gas (very rich) took it out, trolled it for 5 hrs, cruised it for 45 minutes...5500 R's,
and to my amazement, it didn't miss a lick. But it has gone tween 1-5 hrs before, while running good.
I took it out again yesterday....trolled 3 hrs and cruised 15 minutes, (tank almost dry) and still it hasn't missed a lick !
Did the Seafoam fix it,...or at least do some good ?? I wish I knew for sure, but right now I still have hi hopes. I will now add 10 gals gas and another can of Seafoam.
I will post on it if anything changes. Salmon season is on us here, so I will end up either loving Seafoam, or hating it.

BTW, lighten up on Bill,.....for most times he only tries to help. He isn't selling Seafoam ! .......are you Bill ?? Grin

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #28 - 09/14/10 at 08:38:33

Routy try some in the oil on the out board.You will be catching more salmon than you ever catch. Smiley

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #29 - 09/14/10 at 10:13:35

from this i think the concentrated/intensive use of sea foam is best to help solve a problem.

mixing a little with a full tank of fuel seams more like a preventative measure

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:19:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stalling/won't idle/runs fine

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.