Spark Plug (Read 164 times)
Angie

Anybody can be
normal, where's the
fun in that?

Iowa
Spark Plug
09/10/10 at 11:56:37

OK,  new question that is kinda related to my old question.  My husband has my bike apart, and wants to check the spark plug.  The manual says to use a 17 mm spark plug socket, but I cant find one that size.  Can another size work?  If I need to order one, where do you recommend?  darn, winter is gonna be here before my bike is fixed.  This is so depressing.  *sigh* Sad

Lying is emotional immaturity in action
  IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Re: Spark Plug
Reply #1 - 09/10/10 at 15:08:50

These two will do just fine NGK DPR8EA-9 or Denso X24EPR-U9, just google them, sadly I dont have any experience with where you can order one in the states !
If you dont get to ride this fall you can enjoy the waiting time untill spring Smiley Some times the waiting is as good as the experience  Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #2 - 09/10/10 at 15:23:26

Original Equipment Spark plug is the 17 mm version and the socket is in the tool kit if you got it. It does take a thin walled socket to work. Look for a 3/8 drive deep socket at a good hardware store or on a tool truck. Replacement spark plugs may have an different hex size. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Angie

Anybody can be
normal, where's the
fun in that?

Iowa
Reply #3 - 09/13/10 at 08:14:05

Thanks for the help.   Smiley  Its been 3 weeks now that my bike has been messed up, and I love hubby and all but if he doesnt get my bike running pretty soon Im gonna lose it!  All these nice days going by and I cant ride to work, its so frustrating.

Lying is emotional immaturity in action
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 09/13/10 at 09:18:46

Angie wrote on 09/13/10 at 08:14:05:
Thanks for the help.   Smiley  Its been 3 weeks now that my bike has been messed up, and I love hubby and all but if he doesnt get my bike running pretty soon Im gonna lose it!  All these nice days going by and I cant ride to work, its so frustrating.  

Find a judge that rides, then tell him "But Your Honor, he wouldn't fix my bike!!".... case closed.   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #5 - 09/13/10 at 09:40:17

I replaced my plug with a NGK Iridium, and that is 18mm wrench size. I bought a 18mm deep socket with a 3/8" drive and cut up an old lawnmower spark plug connector and shoved it in the socket. Works like a charm.

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #6 - 09/13/10 at 10:25:49

so if i replace the stock with iridium plug do i need ot change any cable or connectors to make it fit.  Seems they are not same size hex.

thanks.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/13/10 at 11:08:40

Tell him if you can't ride the bike, you won't ride anything.
He will fix it then.

Phelonius Roll Eyes

Phelonius
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #8 - 09/13/10 at 12:52:31

The Iridium plug is a direct swap, no modifications necessary.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:39:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Spark Plug

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.