Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
You just had to laugh... (Read 135 times)
jimsgirl
YaBB Newbies

Boulevard S40  
 Rose &
Pearl

Campbell, California
You just had to laugh...
09/09/10 at 14:46:47

Went to the Harley dealership with the boyfriend to get his new/used bike - he's been looking online and we decided to go see them for real and see if they had the one he wants in stock. On the way up there, I realize (HAPPILY)  this is the first time I'll be going into a bike shop as a rider, not as a friend of one, or a passenger, or a wanna be, or a someday.   darn, I'm a rider. Fantastic!

SO we get in the showroom and he talks to the salesguy about availability and financing and all those things, blahblahblah and then when they're done talking he asks the salesguy if we could take a spin around the showroom, look around a bit. The guy says yeah and then

he TURNS TO ME and says "Don't forget, over there's the shopping"...as he points to the clothes department.

Okay, I have to admit..at first I thought he was pointing to the parked Road Kings? and I thought he was crazy for thinking I could fit on a bike that big. Then I realized he meant the clothes dept.

The boyfriend was kinda mad, but I just had to laugh...IF I wanted to look at a broken bike in my garage and not ever ride one, I'd have bought an HD. But I wanted to ride an enjoy myself.

It happens at gunstores sometimes where the salesguy thinks I'm just the newbie passenger, but usually I just tell him I have TWO of the gun he's trying to sell me already.  Shocked They get quiet. OH well.

A strong man sails by ash breeze.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: You just had to laugh...
Reply #1 - 09/09/10 at 15:34:24

I like the way you handle morons.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 09/09/10 at 16:38:06

Ah, guns.   What sort of round do you like and what do you like to dispense it with?

You'll be pleasantly amazed at the number of shooters here on the list.

Hey, you don't want to do this to your guy of course, but we can teach you how to lose some of the arrogant idiot Hurley jockeys you will bump into from time to time up in the California mountains.

jest pass them and then lead their sorry testosterone soaked asses into the next curve going about 10 mph faster than a Hurley can take going through that sort of turn --- they'll follow you anywhere, trust me.  At least half way, anyway.

Much much better than shooting them, less trouble to explain to the cops too

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 09/09/10 at 17:11:07

jimsgirl wrote on 09/09/10 at 14:46:47:
he TURNS TO ME and says "Don't forget, over there's the shopping"...as he points to the clothes department.

Don't forget,.... You were at the HD dealer,...  they are as much about the clothes as the bikes any day of the week...
I think they only sell bikes to promote their t-shirts....
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #4 - 09/09/10 at 20:17:57

[size=16][/size] I understand exactly where your coming from. I get so many "you ride your own bike" remarks that the smile only widens each time I reply yes.
Why is it that some can't get into their heads that women are capable of handling a bike?
It seems we have to prove to some that we can. I tell myself and others that I am doing what some dream about doing. I have not set on the sidelines and wondered if I could. I am proof that you can.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #5 - 09/09/10 at 21:34:01

don't forget about their cool bandanas.  I think they are DOT approved.

Serowbot wrote on 09/09/10 at 17:11:07:
jimsgirl wrote on 09/09/10 at 14:46:47:

Don't forget,.... You were at the HD dealer,...  they are as much about the clothes as the bikes any day of the week...
I think they only sell bikes to promote their t-shirts....
Grin Grin Grin...

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 09/09/10 at 21:49:00

The difference between man and females is the X and Y chromosomes, one 1/46 part, 2.17%.  Genetically humans are only 2% less difference than chimpanzees.  A man has closer to a male chimpanzee than a women, which why there is such a difference between the sexes.  This is why most men do not understand that some women are capable of the same things that men do.

Ms Paladin does not rides, she is a cager.  We have our 24th anniversary in 2 weeks.  She has owned Smedley, her '72 Camaro, for over 27 years.  She wenches her own:

She laughs are men who think they have any chance to getting her car.  I know I have don't.

----
I grow up in Detroit, my dad was a Cop.  We had a .22 rifle range our basement, shooting at least weekly, including Sis.  When on a date at the carnival in the shooting target she would aim a little off, so the guys could beat them.

WWW   IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #7 - 09/09/10 at 22:05:34

I had a friend in college who was an engineering major, and whose father worked for Roger McClusky as a tuner on his Indy cars. She grew up in the shop.  Her sophomore year, she had a boyfriend who use to come over and work on her car all the time. She would wait until he left, and the put everything back the way that it was suppose to be.  She got tired of pretending that she was a home econ major, and of him.  She had a lot more time to go out and drink beer with the group after she got a boyfriend who wanted her for who she was.

IP Logged
jimsgirl
YaBB Newbies

Boulevard S40  
 Rose &
Pearl

Campbell, California
Reply #8 - 09/09/10 at 23:54:16

Ah, guns.   What sort of round do you like and what do you like to dispense it with? You'll be pleasantly amazed at the number of shooters here on the list.

I shoot .38 caliber mostly. I have a few different guns and revolvers are my favorites. I compete with a Smith&Wesson 586 revolver -it's not as fast as everyone else with a race gun, but I really enjoy it. I'm not out for fast medals, I just want to have a super time and enjoy the company.

I've heard for almost 20 years.."You shoot?" so hearing "You Ride?" is not that big a stretch. I'm just happy I get to say YES to both questions.

Everyone probably has a similar story of being underestimated. It's nice to be able to prove them wrong, hopefully with skills.

I forgot I guess about the commercial appeal of the HD clothes. I wish SUZUKI would come up with something besides the pink and white shirt with the huge S on front. Maybe someday....

A strong man sails by ash breeze.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #9 - 09/10/10 at 00:51:13

I've always liked girls who rode their own ride. As Paris Hilton(Yeecchh) would say, "Thats Hot!"...lol

Had a lil gal about 18 who rides a scoot around town come rolling into the gas station the other day with her boyfriend driveing.
She sccoted up after he got off and smiled at me. I smiled back and said its your scoot, make him ride pregnant dog as i put my helmet on. She just kind of giggled.

Taught firearms and hunter safety for the MDC for 14 years. Did a lot of teaching on my own for women who wanted to learn to shoot or take up hunting. Used to drive down into Tenn and Ky to teach at women in the outdoors events for the NWTF.
Talk about feeling like a soupbone in a dog pound. Walk into a group of nothing but 15 or 20 women. Had to be on my best behavior but i still loved it. Did'nt hurt i'd guided the womens regional coordinator to her first turkey either. She braged me up to the girls something fierce...lol
No reason a women cant do the same things a man can as long as shes physicaly capable. Women even make some of the best bow hunters. More patiance. Their most popular female sports were bowhunting deer, firearms deer and firearms turkey hunting in that order. Wink

One other lil tidbit. Your more likely to be shot intentionaly by a women then a man. Dont make em mad and PMS makes it worse. Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 15:01:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › You just had to laugh...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.