ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: something i heard...
Reply #15 - 09/07/10 at 11:27:15

Charon wrote on 09/07/10 at 11:19:16:
A few years ago before I got "downsized" one of my co-workers came in bragging about the Yamaha V-Star 650 he had bought. He wasn't too thrilled when I told him my Craftsman lawn tractor had a 715 cc V-twin in it.

roflmao

WWW   IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #16 - 09/07/10 at 11:32:58

My close friend has a V-Star I run about neck and neck with him on my 2001 Savage. Granted he has experience under his belt so I suppose that's what keeps him out in front for now.  Wink

Yeah his V-Twin runs smooth, yeah those pipes give it more of a Harley sound. But...

My bike has more of an angry growl than a wannabe Harley sound. Mine sputters, poofs, spits, pops, and downright refutes wanting to slowdown to let him keep up. First time for the day you take her over 60 and close the throttle she lets out a big kerpow to let you know she's getting excited. Through big rolling turns you can feel every power stroke of the 652 cc cylinder as she grits her teeth with discipline waiting for the point in the curve where she can tear off. And finally, her belt gives a satisfying and harmonizing whine as you work your way up through the gears. That is, if you can hear it over the V-Star laboring to carry its clunky not so cool shaft drive  Wink

Point is, I love how raw and simple this bike is. It vibrates, it backfires, and it snarls. It really lets you know it's an engine. but in the end, its all harnessed by the smoooth belt drive. Quite a package! Needless to say the look was priceless on my friend's face when we found that 652 cc stamp on my engine and he realized mine was bigger.  Grin

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/07/10 at 12:37:42

Let him think it is a 400.  That way when you out run him the embarrassment will be more justified.

Phelonius Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Phelonius
  IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #18 - 09/07/10 at 12:49:37

LOL typical staments from guys with a small thingy Smiley An other remark that usualy shuts their piehole is "mine is fully payed off, is yours ?" Smiley
Nevermind those a**holes, the savage is one of the most cool bikes Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
bikergirluk
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

bristol UK
Reply #19 - 09/07/10 at 15:55:45

Be proud of your Savage dude, its one of the coolest little bikes around and sounds awesome, mine even belches blue flames at night...at least, it did until I dropped a valve through the piston, but have a new donor engine ready to go in this weekend, so will be off on the resurrected beast soon....

In over 20 years of riding from a VMax to a little Honda 400/4 super sport, the Savage is the best bike I've ever owned  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Its better to be scared to death than bored to death....

There's ALWAYS a Plan B!!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 09/07/10 at 19:26:53

bikergirluk wrote on 09/07/10 at 15:55:45:
Be proud of your Savage dude, its one of the coolest little bikes around and sounds awesome, mine even belches blue flames at night...at least, it did until I dropped a valve through the piston, but have a new donor engine ready to go in this weekend, so will be off on the resurrected beast soon....

In over 20 years of riding from a VMax to a little Honda 400/4 super sport, the Savage is the best bike I've ever owned  Smiley Smiley Smiley

My kind of girl ! !
  Wink

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #21 - 09/07/10 at 20:44:50

Anybody who can look at a jug the size of an S40 and think it might be a 250 just doesn't know anything about motorcycles.  Just park it side by side any other bike and compare.  Sure it's a small bike but it's a big engine.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #22 - 09/08/10 at 00:57:40

Had a guy pull up one night when i was talking to a female at DQ. Laughed and Said wont start? I told him no, talking to a girl.
He asked what is that a 250?
Said no, 650.
He says NOOOO. I said yep.
He replied i ride a harley 1200.
I asked where is it as he was driveing his truck.
He kinda scowled and said it aint running.
I started her up, revved her a couple of times and rode off smileing.

Ride YOUR ride and dont sweat what others ride or think.

I got a big kick out of a truck in the supermarket today. Harley stickers all over the windows and his sturgis shirt folded just so the sturgis message showed through the front window as it was nicely laid up on the dash for ALL to see.
Too many folks worrying about what other folks think.
Too many folks trying to put on airs.
Be yourself and ride, dont sweat the small stuff.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 09/08/10 at 04:15:22

When its your turn to die, aint NOBODY gonna be willing to do that for ya.
Its your life, dont let someone else do your livin for ya.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #24 - 09/08/10 at 05:36:07

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/08/10 at 04:15:22:
When its your turn to die, aint NOBODY gonna be willing to do that for ya.
Its your life, dont let someone else do your livin for ya.

AMEN

IP Logged
danthewrenchingman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Reply #25 - 09/08/10 at 20:15:17

glad i found this website, i am relieved to hear you guys talk about the savage/s40. glad i have it as my first bike.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #26 - 09/10/10 at 12:18:15

You want people to know it's a 650, put a different muffler on.  Mine sounded like an old VW bug until I changed the muffler.

I had a Harely Dyna turn-out on mine and it had the coolest / meanest rumble when compression braking.  No one questioned if it was a 250 or 400.    I actually use to see preople's heads snap looking to see what was rumbling.

see pict here -->>click here

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
clero1
YaBB Newbies

DeKalb, IL
Reply #27 - 09/10/10 at 15:47:12

At a gas stop a Harley guy said, "do yourself a favor and get a bigger bike." I told him he would be surprised at how versatile the s40 is. Later a BMW rider asked, "What is that?!" When I told him a Suzuki S40 single he said, "Oh yeah, I heard of them." Duh - dumb and dumber spending big bucks on machines that won't take them any farther than  my '05 S40. Gotta love it!

IP Logged
einheit13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 09/11/10 at 06:41:07

We went on a ride last Sunday. My 1200 sporty, Dad's 05 America, Joey's 750 Shadow ACE, Jim's 75 1000 sporty, Keith's 900 Vulcan, and Natalie's (Jim's ole lady) little S40. 234 miles an speeds up to 100. The little thumper did just fine. We even lined up one time and let'em fly. My sporty, the America, the 75 sporty, the Vulcan, The S40, and then the Shadow. It was a toss up later when we lined up once again...Me and Dad sand bagged and let everyone else jump ahead. the S40 jumped out on top till about 60........reminds me of the 500 BSA single I once had. All it has is a straight pipe fishtail with a baffle and a carb tune.

if Natalie was more 'spirited', I bet she could have done a little better. The only thing i worry about with her bike is the revs. It seems to have no limiter...dunno whats safe. i like the little bastard. good at pullen on ya when you don't expect it. And the power in stock form is the same as the ACE 750, its just a lot lighter! I'll end up with one of these thing sooner or later to play with.....enjoy it. And don't worry what other say. I like Sportsters, not HDs. They call my bikes 'girl bikes' or 'baby harleys'....I tell them to go and kick start my 75 XLCH, if they can.....that usually stops all the crap talking when they hurt themselves. With my 1200, I bought a shirt that says 'You've just been passed by a Sportster!' that usually shuts them up too.

Always remember...DILLIGAF.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:29:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › something i heard...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.