something i heard... (Read 566 times)
danthewrenchingman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
something i heard...
09/06/10 at 21:38:18

i have a 2007 suzuki s40, and some ass hole gave me nuts, saying it was 400 cc. I haven't found anything on the internet saying i have a 400 cc motorcycle. this crappity smacker kept on talking about his 650 yamaha star, all i know is that man was conceited. kept saying he had a true 650, and a true v-twin. doing nothing but make fun of my thumper. i wanted to punch this grown man and im only 20. it is my first bike. he said it was 400 cc, and if it is oh well, its still a blast. just wanted to know if anybody knew the truth

does anybody know

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: something i heard...
Reply #1 - 09/06/10 at 21:45:15

the LS400 was imported to several countries. Most are 652cc LS650's. Look around the bottom of the cylinder, it should be stamped there. In any case the guys an idiot. The savage will out accelerate and out manuever the v-star650. All that wash about "true v-twin" BS is just him wishing he had a sportster, which the savage will darn near match in 0-60 and again, easily out manuever.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 09/06/10 at 21:59:19

Smile, bet him a c note he can't loose you on your moped.
Bet him another that you'll pass him.

if you need tuning tips, bring her to the savage masters, we'll take care of it.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 09/07/10 at 01:19:46

wasn't the 400 cc also a chain drive?

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 09/07/10 at 01:43:47

If you are in North America, yours is very likely a 650cc ... especially if it's an S40, which is post-2004 Suzuki-speak for 40 cubic inches (= 650 cubic centimeters).
Yesterday, I rode an S40 from St. John's, Nfld. 350kms around the Avalon Peninsula's "Irish Loop" back to St. John's (scenic coastal highway) with an '01 Triumph Sprint, a '10 Triumph Bonneville, an '01 BMW R1200C, an '08 Harley Road King and an '09 Can-Am Spyder for company and the S40 had NO trouble keeping up on this Ride whatsoever! The LS650 is every bit a "true motorcycle" that the Wee-Star is ... buddy was just blowin' smoke!

The Bikes gassing-up in Trepassy, Nfld.

beautiful "The Flats" Beach, St. Vincent's, Nfld.

« Last Edit: 09/07/10 at 03:29:42 by PerrydaSavage »  

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
ohio thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/07/10 at 01:43:50

be proud of your thumper, they are fun bikes to ride.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 09/07/10 at 02:32:45

Pay the idiots no mind; just smile and when it comes time to ride just pass them and go on.

and like Verslavy said, if you need tips on how to build/tune your bike so you can SMACK DOWN  most any road bike (not sport bikes necessarily) just come on down and we'll be happy to talk you through whatever you want to do

the Savage/S40 is a good bike and when tuned properly will run just fine on the road ... throw in a little tweak here, a little magic fairy dust there, abra cadabra ...and it turns into a Savage Beast
 Grin

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #7 - 09/07/10 at 05:38:31

dantheridingman, don't pay any attention to the fool! I don't know where you are located at but if its close to me, I would love to have some fun with the guy. He would really freak out when I leave him in the dust with my Burgman scooter  Grin And YES a stock S40 will out perform a stock 650 VStar.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #8 - 09/07/10 at 05:58:07

my brother has an 06 v-star and although he likes it alot, he can't keep up with my 05 S40 in the twisties or off the line. i rode his a few times and it seems alot more comfy but the performance isn't there. I was getting on my bike in a parking lot and some harley guy came up to me and said "thats a nice looking 250" I told him it was a 650 and he just about called me a liar. So I showed him where it was stamped on the engine and he said that meant nothing. I just said "whatever" and rode off into the sunset. F him!!!!

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 09/07/10 at 09:51:25

Right-side of the engine at the bottom of the cylinder...
"Suzuki 652cc" is cast in...

Point your friend there,... and tell him,...
 "Mine's bigger".... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
danthewrenchingman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Reply #10 - 09/07/10 at 10:01:14

thanks for all the information and relief, that guy pissed me off so much. but good to hear the encouragement. I live in columbus, OH, the dude lives in my neighborhood if any body wants to see his bike. I'm sure he'll tell you all about his "harley look alike", even though u can tell a mile off its not.

on a side note, i bent my shifter rod today, and it sucks cuz tomorrow is bike night, still runs just a bit harder to shift gears

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #11 - 09/07/10 at 10:18:57

The Honda Rebels we use at our local Motorcycle Training Program are notorious for having bent shifter rods (between shift lever and tranny) ... they are slight and bend faaaar too easily. The LS650's rod is much more substantial and shouldn't bend that easily though? Anyhoo, do what I've done with a couple of Rebel rods; remove and straighten the rod ... either in a bench vice or hammer straight on a sturdy flat surface ... the Rebels shift much better after that (for awhile at least ...)
Good luck!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #12 - 09/07/10 at 10:23:58

Somebody called my '06 a "Girl Harley" the other day!

IP Logged
cursal

Daily Savage Rider

Eugene, OR
Reply #13 - 09/07/10 at 10:59:49

A few weeks back I spend the day doing aound 120 miles with a Harley Road King and Harley Night Train.  They both thought it was a 250 when I pulled up that morning.

I told them no worries, it's a 650 and I will be there with them for the whole day.

They were very impressed by the time we got back that night.
hey only comment they made was...boy that sure is a quite bike.
I never once heard my bike on the road with all the loud crackles and Pops those hogs have. But could hear her on start up and shut down..poof.

They were so excited about my "little" thumper they were ready to help me mod my suzi (white spacer, new jets and muffler) when we were winding down with beers and BBQ. Asking me if it had a 4 inch single in there... I replied with, nah, more like a 3.75 inch..they both grinned.

Nice to have MC friends that will teach and help me for free. Here Here to the "FREE SOULS" here in Eugene Oregon.

Point is, your s40 is a great bike and don't let no body tell you otherwise Cheesy

1998 Savage, 18,700 Miles, Wind Shield, Tach, K&N Airbox Filter, Leather Bags, CYCLE-TRON II Battery, verslavy cam adjuster, Kevlar F Pads Black.
Professional Web Developer: www.OregonPublishing.com
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #14 - 09/07/10 at 11:19:16

It's more fun and much easier to just agree with them. "Yep, it's a 400. That's why they call it an S40 - the 40 is short for 400." Nothing you can say or do will convince them, anyway.

A few years ago before I got "downsized" one of my co-workers came in bragging about the Yamaha V-Star 650 he had bought. He wasn't too thrilled when I told him my Craftsman lawn tractor had a 715 cc V-twin in it.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:21:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › something i heard...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.