Replacement Footpegs? (Read 96 times)
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Replacement Footpegs?
09/06/10 at 01:18:08

So the previous owner swapped the stock driver pegs on my bike to a solid chrome peg.

Similar to these:

Riding I sometimes get a nasty vibration through the arch of my foot because of the solid metal pegs, so I am in the market for replacment pegs. Specifically I think that the ISO style pegs look like they would be comfortable but I need help finding the right ones to fit.

Found these ones on ebay and thought they would work, what do you think? (IIRC I will have to drill out the hole to a slightly larger size.)

(Any advice would be helpful)  Cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOOT-PEGS-PASSENGER-ISO-CHROME-4-HARLEY-SMALL-...

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Replacement Footpegs?
Reply #1 - 09/06/10 at 09:57:37

Is there a difference between passenger pegs and pilot pegs?

otherwise, if those spike pegs works, so should these.
The trick will be to drill them out so that they are level.
drills can wander, and the hole may not be in a place that will make the pegs level.  I would dykem the peg, place it in the mount so that it looked level then take a transfer punch and mark the dykem.  then if the hole needs to be moved either use a mill or a die grinder to rough out the hole and finish it off with the right drill.

WWW   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: Replacement Footpegs?
Reply #2 - 09/06/10 at 10:00:49

Right now, the left peg seems to sag a little, so I think when he mounted these he might have drilled them a little off from where they should have been. I just need to make sure that the way these pegs mount to the bike is similar so that I can drill/machine the peg to fit correctly.

Thanks for the input vers.  Smiley

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:10:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacement Footpegs?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.