Hey Y'all (Read 161 times)
Bugaboo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Birmingham, Alabama
Hey Y'all
09/05/10 at 16:33:15

I disappeared two years ago. I thought I needed a bigger bike and got a C-50 Boulevard. I had it just four weeks and some jackass in a 4-wheeled vehicle hit me from behind in traffic. For having been hit by a car at 50 mph, I can't complain.  I had a steel rod in my leg, which has now been removed, and I can walk as far as I want.  My ex-boyfriend was riding my '98 Savage. The guy kept going and hit the Savage with the C-50 Boulevard, which was lodged under his car. Both bikes got totalled. I've really considered not getting another  bike but haven't sold any of my gear.  So, it's starting to feel like Fall riding weather, and I ran across a 2007 S40 with less than 4,000 miles at a reasonable price. I don't think it's had any modifications, pretty much stock. I could get a Nightster or any of a number of other bigger low-slung cruisers on with which I could make a journey out West,  but a Savage is such a comfortable, perfectly-balanced ride for me . Go for it?.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Hey Y'all
Reply #1 - 09/05/10 at 17:13:49

Well, we like it... but, we're a little biased...

But,..Shheesh!,... You're a gutsy girl!... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 09/05/10 at 17:27:04

Riding has this itch, and the LS650 is a nice little scoot, why not?  65mpg at 65mph is an easy tour.  Beatduck and I know it's capable.

WWW   IP Logged
Educatedredneck
Alliance Member

Sometimes it's
better to be lucky
than good.

Hampstead, Maryland
Reply #3 - 09/05/10 at 20:38:47

I say buy it and ride it.  You only live once.  Scratch that itch!!! Cheesy

1997 Savage - Hard Chrome Drag Pipe, Seat Mod, 152.5 main, 1 - #4 washer, Di Hard Battery, T-Kat, 1" Drag Bar
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #4 - 09/05/10 at 20:59:24

Bugaboo wrote on 09/05/10 at 16:33:15:
Go for it?.

Years ago I had a get off that chaired me for months. Dr.s told me horror stories and family wanted promises. I tried other forms of entertainment yet every time a bike went by I whined.  :'(   The wife got sick of listening and down to the moto shop I went. Best thing for me. I got my Mojo back! The bad experience can happen crossing the street but we can't spend the rest of our lives hiding under the bed. It's a decision only you can make but ......

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 09/05/10 at 21:03:29

Ive totalled 3 bikes & I still ride.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #6 - 09/05/10 at 21:04:31

I have been riding since 1959, on one machine or another. There have been breaks, when for example I was stationed overseas and the Air Force would not let me have a bike. Personally, I think motorcycles are addictive. I dread the day when age or infirmity will keep me off them. Unfortunately, I can see it coming. If bikes are in your blood, you will find it remarkably difficult to stay off them. While it may be heresy on a Savage/S40 board, I have found it really doesn't matter much what bike you have. The important thing is just having one (or two, or three...).

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 09/05/10 at 21:08:44

you go girl.

WWW   IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #8 - 09/06/10 at 01:23:37

And you might slip and fall in the shower tomorrow and kill yourself.
Or develop brain cancer from useing a cell phone.
Or choke to death on a chicken bone.
You going to quit showering, useing a cell phone or eatting chicken??

Bikes like a horse,
Get bucked off,
get back on.

Live to Ride,
Ride to Live. Wink

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #9 - 09/06/10 at 05:23:10

Charon wrote on 09/05/10 at 21:04:31:
I have been riding since 1959, on one machine or another. There have been breaks, when for example I was stationed overseas and the Air Force would not let me have a bike. Personally, I think motorcycles are addictive. I dread the day when age or infirmity will keep me off them. Unfortunately, I can see it coming. If bikes are in your blood, you will find it remarkably difficult to stay off them. While it may be heresy on a Savage/S40 board, I have found it really doesn't matter much what bike you have. The important thing is just having one (or two, or three...).

That is why I bought a Suzuki Burgman last year and also bobbed my S40. I refuse to let my disabilities keep me from riding.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #10 - 09/06/10 at 08:45:00

A relatively inexpensive way to check out if this riding will scratch the itch or not..good on you for trying it again, perhaps this time aside from flaming red/ orange bike, maybee a pair of missle enhanced rear view mirrors. Wink

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #11 - 09/06/10 at 09:25:46

Go for it ? YES Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #12 - 09/06/10 at 10:30:19

I crashed my old Honda 50 when I was 16--going up a 2 story high mud and rock hill. I dropped it into 2nd gear and gunned it about 2/3 of the way up. I got to top and launched (unexpected) I forgot to let off throttle at the top. Up and over the 20 foot plateau and flying like superman down into the ravine on the other side, where a 3 foot metal pipe sticking up stopped my journey. Compound fracture on arm, LOTS of cuts and bruises, and bike was totaled. It took a number of years, but I ride again. Obviously it's in the blood. I wouldn't have it any other way.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #13 - 09/06/10 at 11:03:15

IMO. Get back in the saddle as soon as you can. You were not at fault that some nitwit hit you from behind.
I know from personal experience how fast it can happen. Myself I was fortunate she was not going 50 or that my injuries were not more severe.
My heart aches and I drool each and every bike I see or hear. My Mom would like nothing more than for me to never sit,let alone ride a bike again. Well she knows that is not going to happen.
Live your life your way.. Do what makes you happy, as you only get one chance..  Smiley  kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:19:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hey Y'all

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.