Send Topic Print
Lowside this morning (Read 211 times)
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lowside this morning
09/04/10 at 19:21:16

Other than a beat up and bent forward control plate and a well rashed elbow My left turn signal now blinks faster the higher the engine rpms are. Its normal until aqbout 3-3.5k rpm then it blinks really fast. All connections are tight and clean. Signal relay? Any other ideas?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Lowside this morning
Reply #1 - 09/04/10 at 19:39:39

glad you're ok, mostly.

check the voltage at those rpms.
check that your bulb is good, sounds like the filament let loose and attached to the other.

WWW   IP Logged
lukeduck

"Come to terms
with the ass that
bears you"

Ontario, Ca.
Reply #2 - 09/04/10 at 21:36:30

Hope you are still OK this evening. Takes about 24 hours for crap like that to set in on me. Got no better ideas on the blinker, maby just a reaction to the shock of being mistreated (lowsided). Heal fast---Luke

IP Logged
stratman

Klaatu,
Verata....Necktie

Concord, Ca.
Reply #3 - 09/04/10 at 22:46:02

that sux burn-  the worst thing about my lowside was that someone saw it....hurt worse than my rash.  hope you skin over quick    stratman

'There's no money above the 7th fret'...Tommy Tedesco
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 09/05/10 at 12:33:25

Hope for a tiny bit of scar, so you can show it at storytime... Wink...

Glad you're okay...  Heal fast...

PS,... check the bulbs, front and back... a loose filament will cause a double speed blink on both...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/05/10 at 16:07:18

It were da relay. Anyone have a set of Ed L forwards laying around that you could trace and fax me the tracing of the left side plate?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 09/05/10 at 19:28:46

Ed Might be kind enough to cut you one side,for a decent price..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/05/10 at 20:18:07

I actually just started at a trade school for diesel tech and the school also does machining. If I can get an outline I'd just have to pay for the raw materials and hand it over to the shop down the hall. Maybe not even pay if they have what I need laying around. If that doesnt work I have an old friend who went for machining last year and works in a shop now. He may be able to do it for me for cheap/free as well but i dont hang with him enough to feel comfortable asking favors unless all else fails.
My friends boyfriend is also a machinist and could definately get it done for me but he's always working crazy hours as he's been working on movie sets for the last year. Travels a lot. Works anywhere from 6-18 hour days depending.
Im anxious to get get it done asap one way or another but if it takes a while its no biggie.
The plate took the only significant damage and its ridable, just not very comfortable. The season will be done in a couple months anyway so realistically I'm in no hurry... But I'm in that "my bike is different than it used to/should be" hurry.
All I really need is the outline and I've contacted Ed so I should be good to go soon. Thanks though.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 09/05/10 at 20:21:56

Canttake it off & straighten it, then copy it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 09/05/10 at 20:34:57

Oh i took it off and tried to straighten it. Not happening. Being the week end I havent got the shop press to play with though that may do it, but in failing that I heated it well and had my buddy run over it with his van which weights in at about 2 tons (apologies to  Ed L. The van is about 4k lbs, obviously not the 4 tons I said in the PM. That would just be a crazy big van) Didnt so much as budge the bend. Didnt even scratch the plate up. I may be able to straighten it with the press but Id have to disassemble the controls while in class and with no stand...basically I've got other, more educational, projects going on. I dont want to mix my personal projects with my education unless they're directly related and right now its rebuilding a VW rabbit top end vs. straightening an aluminum plate. I vote V-dub. The machining class can deal with my bent plate and to ensure I can continue riding every day I'd rather just pay to have a new one made as opposed to taking class time to d!ck with MY bike.

IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #10 - 09/06/10 at 13:41:03

Sorry to hear you went down, i don't have Ed L controls, but if you need a quick parts swap you know you're welcome to what parts my bike has got. stock signals/bulbs/relays but if you think they'd help diagnose what is up, we can certainly try.

I hope you can get back in riding shape (both you and the bike) soon. i wanted to go on a few more rides before the season is out. fall is my favorite time to ride.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #11 - 09/06/10 at 16:10:39

Expect a fax of a tracing of the left plate tomorrow. I'll do a snail mail also. Gotta get you back on the road Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:13:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lowside this morning

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.