Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New signals, tail light and weird vibration (Read 89 times)
littlefights

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New signals, tail light and weird vibration
09/04/10 at 16:54:56

I put some new turn signals and a side-mount tail light on the old Savage.  I was thinking about a new rear fender at the same time, but I'm kind of liking the shape of the stock fender - not a big fan of the holes though.  I got the taillight from Speedway Motors - http://www.speedwaymotors.com/1937-1938-Chevy-Blue-Dot-Taillight-Assembly,756... - but the standard bulb/glass lens combo just wasn't bright enough.  I had initially rigged up a small 3-LED running light with the license light wiring, then tried it as an extra brake light.  I eventually switched out to the full LED taillight that they offer - much, much brighter and the license lights are so bright they practically function as ground effect lighting.  I'm definitely very visible at night and left the 3 LED light as a brake light, mostly because I was too busy to go back into the wiring and remove it.  Plus I figure it offers a bit more visibility in the daytime.  I switched out the stock mirrors to bar ends at the same time.

Unfortunately, I picked up a vibration when I finished the project.  Its intermittent, only noticeable when decelerating (engine vibration masks it with any degree of throttle) and I notice it mostly in my left foot.  With the bike off and walking it in neutral, it happens every 6 feet or so and sounds like the belt may be rubbing on something.  I've checked the belt, though, and can't find any place that it looks like its rubbing.  Anyone got any other suggestions as to how to diagnose and fix this?

Here are some pics:

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: New signals, tail light and weird vibration
Reply #1 - 09/04/10 at 17:52:33

Six feet is roughly how far you move for each wheel rotation. Front and back differ a little. Check your tires for something like a rock or a bulge in one of them.

Edited to add: It could also be something wedged in the driven pulley, such as a small stone.

« Last Edit: 09/05/10 at 06:05:18 by Charon »  

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: New signals, tail light and weird vibration
Reply #2 - 09/04/10 at 23:45:32

Id want to get one wheel off the ground ata time & give them a spin.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:29:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New signals, tail light and weird vibration

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.