No Lost No Mo (Read 355 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: No Lost No Mo
Reply #15 - 09/12/10 at 14:57:18

Please tell us you didn't steal the wife's nuvi !!

Did I say I had to buy the wife a new nuvi when she found I stole hers ? Well anyway, I did,.....that was couple weeks ago, and I still ain't got it. And it appears I won't, because it came up missing 50 miles from my house. They have no idea where it went. But I have to wait 2 more days.......before its officially missing......in action. This is the first time I've ever lost anything in the mail....and from ebay. I have no idea if I have to eat this, or if someone pays for it. But I'm not happy !

prechermike wrote on 09/11/10 at 18:34:23:
Just ordered this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360200433123&ssPageName=ST...

We'll just have to see how it works.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #16 - 09/12/10 at 17:52:00

Routy wrote on 09/12/10 at 14:57:18:
Please tell us you didn't steal the wife's nuvi !!

Did I say I had to buy the wife a new nuvi when she found I stole hers ? Well anyway, I did,.....that was couple weeks ago, and I still ain't got it. And it appears I won't, because it came up missing 50 miles from my house. They have no idea where it went. But I have to wait 2 more days.......before its officially missing......in action. This is the first time I've ever lost anything in the mail....and from ebay. I have no idea if I have to eat this, or if someone pays for it. But I'm not happy !

prechermike wrote on 09/11/10 at 18:34:23:
Just ordered this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360200433123&ssPageName=ST...

We'll just have to see how it works.

Nah!  It's OURS, we take turns using it.  But if my mount comes in before Friday, I get to use it this weekend!  i am hoping not to have to mangle anything, but I am not above that! Wink

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #17 - 09/14/10 at 22:26:47

They (USPS) found the nuvi, even delivered it by car special delivery. They don't know where it was for 2 weeks !

And wow, these new ones are much more sensitive than the older ones. Loads the sats faster, and when I move 6 feet, it knows it.
I might need a nuvi for the bike ! I wonder if I can get one w/ a bike moving all over instead of a car ? Grin

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #18 - 09/15/10 at 00:23:22

Which model Nuvi?  I was looking at some, but the reviews always said that the batteries would eventually run down when plugged into the car charger.  The unit had to be off for it to charge.  Just wondering if that's actually the case, since that's about all that's keeping me from getting one. Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #19 - 09/15/10 at 02:51:31

John_D FSO wrote on 09/15/10 at 00:23:22:
Which model Nuvi?  I was looking at some, but the reviews always said that the batteries would eventually run down when plugged into the car charger.  The unit had to be off for it to charge.  Just wondering if that's actually the case, since that's about all that's keeping me from getting one. Undecided

John, I have an older model nuvi 205 and the battery does charge while the unit is on.  I usually plug it in while we are in the car, why not, there is just the cord running up the windshield.  When I turn it off and it is still plugged in, it will say it is charging the battery and not to unplug it, but that only last for a very few minutes.  It seems to have a good battery life (to me anyway, with nothng to compare it too), but I will know more when I get the mount I ordered and can actually try it out on the bike.

I hope it comes this wek, I have an all day ride planned for Saturday! Cheesy

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #20 - 09/15/10 at 02:58:00

Thanks!  I'd even noticed on the Garmin site, that the battery life on some of the smaller cheaper ones was only around 4 hours.  If it's not charging while you're using it, that's not going to do you much good on a long trip! Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #21 - 09/15/10 at 07:17:31

I have a new 255W.
Battery life is only 4 hrs, but it is not designed to actually run off the internal battery ! If thats what you want, get a handheld,...etrex or equiv. They all have 8 hr battery life.
The nuvis only have a battery so you can take it in the house,...or a resturant and programm it, add addresses, etc etc.

This new one is great .......for me anyway.
I mite have to trade the wife again when she's not looking ! Trouble is, I buchered the mount for the 330, it won't fit back on the dash pad :'(

Rich
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #22 - 09/15/10 at 11:12:25

I have a Nuvi 205 and my wife has a 205w. The screen on the 205 seems brighter to me. You can connect either to a computer with a USB to miniUSB cable. Then you can log onto Garmin.com and download their GPS updater, which will update the software in your GPS. Both my units worked for several months, then quit. The Garmin update cured whatever their problem was. There are also a bunch of new icons you can download from Garmin, but I didn't look for a bike. I like the helicopter, myself.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 09/15/10 at 11:34:07

being lost is fun, trust me . . .

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #24 - 09/15/10 at 16:50:18

Routy wrote on 09/15/10 at 07:17:31:
I have a new 255W.
Battery life is only 4 hrs, but it is not designed to actually run off the internal battery ! If thats what you want, get a handheld,...etrex or equiv. They all have 8 hr battery life.
The nuvis only have a battery so you can take it in the house,...or a resturant and programm it, add addresses, etc etc.

This new one is great .......for me anyway.
I mite have to trade the wife again when she's not looking ! Trouble is, I buchered the mount for the 330, it won't fit back on the dash pad :'(

So as long as it's plugged in to a car (or bike) it'll run as long as you want?  Cool!
This is the navigation system I used yesterday. Grin  Should've used tape instead of magnetic strips though, first semi I passed it caught it and the strips flew off, and I almost lost it!  Had to put it in my pocket and keep checking it.

It got me there and home though, so I can't complain.

Mount St. Helens in the background.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:41:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › No Lost No Mo

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.