Tonight's the night! (Read 241 times)
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Tonight's the night!
08/29/10 at 17:26:16

I am not a vegetarian, though I do eat a lot of vegetarian meals.  I even like them.  Low-fat, high fiber and you have to fill yourself up to get enough calories.  While I do have my share of foul and fish, I only eat things with four legs once a week tops, and an actual slab of late bovine once a month or less.

However, what I forgo in quantity, I make up in quality.  Restaurant quality steaks, taken to room temperature, rubbed with olive oil and dusted with garlic.  All burners blazing on the propane barbeque, temp up above 550 F.  Mesquite chips in the smoker box.  3 minutes on the first side with the lid down, open the lid, flip the steaks once, lid back down and 2 1/2 minutes on the other side.

Seared on the outside, mostly pink, with a nice hunk of red in the very center.  Sorry, didn't last long enough for photos.

Every now and then we gotta assert our location at the top of the food chain!   Grin

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Tonight's the night!
Reply #1 - 08/29/10 at 17:43:07

Sounds like a good veterenarian could save it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 08/29/10 at 23:58:45

Doc,I am much the same way eating wise,just yesterday I found 2 pounds of lean chick in the freezer I thought I would cook it up for my dog,and onother dog I am baby sitting while I was cooking it I had a craving for meat,I could not eat the meat I was cooking because I did not add onions or salt and pepper (bad for dogs) but after I had finnished I put it in the fridge to cool and when to our local award winning burger joint and had the works best burger I ever had, and I didn't care about the mess I made,some times you just gotta have one.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #3 - 08/30/10 at 00:14:28

A sex educator was giving a class on sexual habits ,half way through the class he asked for show of hands on how many of the class had sex every night ,a good third of the hands showed all the guys were smiling,,the next question asked how many have sex once a week ,a few people just a little smile and raised there hand,........Ok once a month ,three  or four really sad looking guys showed hands ,and lastly the teacher  said Once a year ? one guy with a huge smile raised his hand "how come you are so happy if you only get sex once a year "the guy said "tonights the night"

thanks Doc your last title reminded me of that one .

mickrowe37   IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #4 - 08/30/10 at 05:22:19

And the "name that joke" prize goes to --- MICK!

Yup, that's exactly where the title came from.

For your prize, you can "wash your hands and make me a hamburger."

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
lukeduck

"Come to terms
with the ass that
bears you"

Ontario, Ca.
Reply #5 - 08/30/10 at 07:33:14

Sounds like my idea of a vegetarian meal. I'm sitting here drooling. The hamburger sounds real good too. Maby been eating too many veggies these days. I think London Broil will be on the menu this week, maby followed by a large dish of chocolate ice cream too. darn I feel my cholestrol going up already. Eat well and often---luke

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #6 - 08/30/10 at 12:28:19

Meh, I am a vegetarian...but hoo-boy, that sounds finger lick'in GOOD!...But remember, meat is murder...

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #7 - 08/30/10 at 12:55:55

ah i love salad, on italian cheese herb bread topped with turkey ham, bacon & cheese.........at least it started out legal ended delicious - trying to find that happy medium is freakin hard - legal delicious dose not exist on this planet, yet....henceforth my poor little cycle totes 400lbs of a$$.....delicious wins everytime, followed closely by quantity, in last place lettuce.......mooooooooove over time to let the grazing begin!

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #8 - 08/30/10 at 13:09:26

I'm not a big fan of confined animal feeding operations (CAFO).  That's why there's antibiotics in animal feed -- too many animals living too close together breeds disease.  Trying to control the disease with antibiotics rather than eliminating the source is a great way to breed stronger, antibiotic resistant bacteria.

I think this massive egg recall has a lot to do with confined egg "factories".

I guess we'd have to pay more for food that was produced in a manner that was ethical to the livestock and provided a living wage for the workers -- of course, the trade-off would be that we'd eat less meat.

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #9 - 08/31/10 at 14:33:40

Omnivore and proud of it. There is no substitute for Alberta beef.!!!

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/31/10 at 14:54:55

dang it, now I'm in the mood for veggies instead of my sandwich for my break, gonna have to make a trip to the store on my break

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #11 - 08/31/10 at 15:01:41

I don't eat vegetables,Meat,Deep fried fish,chicken, And lots of bread and donuts.But I worked in construction,My blood pressure in normal,3 packs of cigarettes a day.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #12 - 09/01/10 at 00:18:57

bill67 wrote on 08/31/10 at 15:01:41:
I don't eat vegetables,Meat,Deep fried fish,chicken, And lots of bread and donuts.But I worked in construction,My blood pressure in normal,3 packs of cigarettes a day.

Bill I hope you are not still smoking 3 packs a day,thats about $450 a month,thats alot of scratch,I'm suprised you didn't add a 5th of JD a day,bad boy bill.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #13 - 09/01/10 at 05:49:18

Has anyone come up with deep-fried cigarettes yet???

If they do, I'm sure it will be introduced at the Texas State Fair!

http://www.newser.com/story/99485/texan-chef-concocts-deep-fried-beer.html

http://eater.com/archives/2010/08/25/state-fair-of-texas-deep-fry-it-all.php

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #14 - 09/01/10 at 06:15:09

mick wrote on 09/01/10 at 00:18:57:
bill67 wrote on 08/31/10 at 15:01:41:

Bill I hope you are not still smoking 3 packs a day,thats about $450 a month,thats alot of scratch,I'm suprised you didn't add a 5th of JD a day,bad boy bill.

I smoke cheap cigarettes cost me 278 a month one bottle of whiskey last me a month,One drink a day with coke.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 12:15:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tonight's the night!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.