Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
bill gates,, Eugenicist? (Read 339 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: bill gates,, Eugenicist?
Reply #15 - 08/31/10 at 17:52:52

Mark,

When you move Monsanto's single variety away from its geographic area that it was bred in to another area with a different climate, 25% reduction in yields are typical compared to the non-modified varieties that were developed in and for that area.

Weeds are the reason people buy Monsanto seeds -- just air plane spray the entire field with roundup and kill off everything (the Monsanto seeded plants just keep on growing while the roundup nukes everything else green in the area.

Organic farmers hate the stuff and refuse to use it -- but they are finding that the wind and Monsanto's lawyers seem to like their organic crops, especially after the key legal precedent 25% infection level is reached.

Now, what is neat is if the local variety of crop that does give full yields in the area picks up the modified roundup gene through air crossing then Monsanto claims the plants as theirs, takes them and soon is marketing a local "tuned" seed that the farmer is forced to buy because he is sued into it.

Ain't progress grand?

Monsanto will not allow you to keep their seed from one year to the next or reseed anything taken from your harvest -- you MUST buy fresh seed from them every year.

People in the public information industry are beginning to pay attention as Obama is trying to cram through an entire regulatory bureaucracy to enforce the Monsanto business model.   (once again, in lobbying and direct contributions to select politicians, nobody outspends Monsanto in this activity, not even big oil)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 08/31/10 at 19:40:05

Gentlemen,
I have my doubts; this strikes me as a bit implausible. Lawsuits forcing non- purchasers of a product to pay for the product when it is transferred to them without their consent and/or ability to stop the transfer.  However, I'll read up on it. Actually, I'm reading a fictional book along the same lines so I'm at least 'in the mood' for this, so to speak.

It does bring up another point: the over the top Chicken Little global warming alarmist may have brought into play mass apathy when a real crisis does occur.  Why should I believe stories about the far off dangers of genetically modified plants? Because someone on television told me? Hell, we had a vice president tell me the world is coming to an end if I don’t stop driving my Silverado.  We got rid of DDT and millions of African’s have needlessly died over the past 40 years because some woman writes a book and our best answer to Africa is to use mosquito nets?!
Who can I possibly trust? I'm not a geneticist.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 08/31/10 at 23:48:15

Mark,

I specifically gave you a national women's publication that is NOT extremist in its viewpoint -- indeed they were "debunking" the whole thing originally but unfortunately found out it is the truth.

Then they reported it as news, with direct interviews of the persons involved.

Did you even watch the two videos?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 09/01/10 at 06:19:13

You’re right I didn’t watch them, I didn’t want to invest 15 minutes.

So I just did and I wasted those 15 minutes.  

Excuse me Oldfeller but did you say you specifically gave me a national women's publication that is NOT extremist in its viewpoint. Are you kidding! Democracy Now!! Please…. That’s like saying Fox is fair and balanced or Keith Oberman is a journalist. Here, let me direct you to a news story by Rush Limbaugh...

The Vanity Fair article was nothing more than a hit piece done in a typical 60 Minutes style where  a  ‘investigative journalist’ takes a couple isolated instances and extrapolates them into a companywide plan to attack farmers. Listen to what the guy said a little closer and you can hear it.

Most of the farmers Monsanto is going after signed the licensing agreement and are they re-using the seeds after they signed a contract saying they wouldn’t. It’s no different than cheating on your taxes and then getting audited.

The story about the guy confronted in a store and then sued? What happened? When Monsanto was confronted with the facts, they dropped it. Clearly a bad investigator was hired. Nothing more. Yet, this guy, and you I presume, take that one case and use words like, “commonly”, “often”, “pattern” when none of those things are true.

I heard nothing about seeds being blown on someone's land and then Monsanto lawyers showing up to sue them. Where did that come from?

If this is your basis for arguing against GM seeds, you need to start over. By the way, the beginning of the video takes the typical route to point out Monsanto’s wealth. (a clear hint right there this is nothing but BS), but check out today’s news story in the Post-Dispatch. http://www.stltoday.com/business/article_987b8866-3924-5477-95ca-27f1397e9d9e...
Now that they are laying off hundreds and losing money, I guess you’ll be happy now…..

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 09/02/10 at 02:48:24

Mark,

Vanity Fair is a ladies magazine.  It isn't especially biased.   I would tend to trust it, as it and the videos provided upstream have drilled down to the root people involved and only deal with first hand sources, not the "he said she said stuff".

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/05/monsanto200805

Yes, Monsanto's stock is currently plunging (from a 1,600%  meteoric rise that priced it way over the company's real value) and that is partially due to Chinese competition in the Roundup Division and perhaps some to the fact that every media source is beginning to report on their business model and rampant suing activities and are beginning to point out they are on the way to becoming a functional monopoly in a critical supply chain

(our food supply chain, fer chrissakes).

Monsanto's consulting with Bill Gates though (to pick up tips for fighting the inevitable government intervention?) that's scary to me.  Bill Gates liking what he saw enough to move a large chunk of his hundreds of billions into Monsanto stock scares the shite out of me.   They showed him their planned next expansion steps and he LIKED it ....  a whole lot apparently.   Billions worth.

Bill Gates is not the poster boy for anything, he a greedy SOB.  His manipulation of the PC industry is legendary, as is the unscrupulous methods that he has used to stifle all forms of competition.  
Monsanto and Gates in the same bed is a scary thing ....

Modifying and patenting all the heirloom plant varieties in the Greenland International Seed Repository is only one visible step of that overall Monsanto plan.

As is getting the Obama government to try to pass laws that tightly regulate all farming (including your back yard), new rules that seem to fall into lock step with the Monsanto business model.

You are not informed and apparently don't care to be, that's fine.  I too was once proud of Monsanto as they were doing good and progressive things with no visible downsides.

But every big company seems to go evil when they finally reach monopolistic status, they can't cope with resisting trying to wag the dog when they finally get the ability to do so.  

Watch Monsanto.  Watch them legally manipulate your food supply chain AND YOUR GOVERNMENT to your detriment and their fiscal advantage.  

Watch your food costs rise ......  

Even the average woman is better informed on this issue than most of us guys as they SEE the prices going up and they can see their own female information stream telling them about why it is going on.

And when they start caring enough, they will inform all you guys about what you think too.

Grin

Also, your reference point above about Monsanto's roundup division hitting rough times from the cheaper Chinese copies of roundup does not address MONSANTO as a whole -- we keep talking about the much larger seed part of the company (where all the profit is) and how they are attempting a world monopoly on seed supply and legal control of our food supply accordingly.  

Hey, If Monsanto was still just a chemical company, that would be fine by me.

They are not though -- they are the HUGE company that is into bioscience in a big way and are currently modifying all our food crops and PATENTING them and threatening to sue small farmers (non-customers) for wind blown pollen contamination of their organic crops.  

They took the genetic material from the International Seed Repository (seed that was preserved in case of a "Irish Potato Famine" class international emergency) and they took it, modified it and are currently patenting all forms types and classes of all historical varieties of crop foods in an attempt to advance a legally restrictive monopolistic business model.

The geome rush is on boys and girls -- think about it like the California Gold rush.   What happens in the next 20 years is gonna rock your world -- or mebbe end it if people get stupid and greedy.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/worklife/10/27/cb.what.major.pays/index.html

Every smart young person recognizes this fact -- guess what the most popular college major is now-a-days?

« Last Edit: 09/02/10 at 05:22:04 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 09/02/10 at 05:29:46

Here's the problem Oldfeller, I am 10 times more informed than you. the writer's that Vanity Fair published are well known liberal style psuedo investigative journalist. Everything they write must be filtered thru that lense and the truth plucked out.

as i said, they took a few cases and made it into a pattern that simply is not correct. again, where is the backup for the lawsuits involving seeds carried down wind to another farm and then Monsanto suing that farmer. I want to see that.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 09/02/10 at 05:32:46

Easy peasy my friend, jest type it into Google .....  Item #3 & #5 are the ones that you'd like best I think.
  OK, some of these found sources shown on the search are "out there" this I freely admit and I wouldn't worry too much about their given opinions -- but follow inside them to the actual sources to the root incident and give credence to what actually happened.

Showing results for monsanto sues for wind blown pollination. Search instead for monsanto sues for wind blown pollenation
Search Results

Context of 'Mid-July 2001: Monsanto Sues Second Saskatchewan ...
     It contains events related to the event Mid-July 2001: Monsanto Sues Second .... arrived on Schmeiser's property by way of pollination or wind-blown seed. ...
     www.historycommons.org/context.jsp?item=gm-61 - Cached
     Genetically Modified Crops Threaten Traditional Farming
     Maine, USA – Monsanto sued Oakhurst Dairy on account of advertisements that ... Wind blown pollination results in the burning of contaminated fields and ...
     hubpages.com/.../GeneticallyModifiedCropsThreatenTraditionalFarming - Cached
     High Plains Drifting: Wind-Blown Seeds and the Intellectual ...
     by SM Bernhardt - 2006 - Cited by 6 - Related articles
     Finally, pollination actually converts the farmer's property to the patent .... 67Karl A. Thiel, Seeds in the Wind: For Monsanto, Patent Protection Stirs ...
     www.law.northwestern.edu › ... › Volume 4 › Issue 1 - Cached - Similar
     S/R 31: Genetic Engineering and Environmental Racism (Fitz)
     Monsanto sued Schmeiser for patent violations when genetic testing showed ... the Monsanto product and that wind-blown pollen had contaminated his fields. ... GM pollen is known to kill butterflies, which are important pollinators for ...
     www.greens.org/s-r/31/31-03.html - Cached - Similar
     Andrew Kimbrell: A Victory for Democracy, Another Blow to Monsanto
     Apr 1, 2010 ... The idea that Monsanto sues adjacent farmers is a myth spread by Percy Schmeiser, ..... Denver Mint To Coin New Energy Approach, Use Wind ...
     www.huffingtonpost.com/.../a-victory-for-democracy_b_521505.html - Cached
     Monsanto warns on 2010 earnings target; shares slip | Reuters
     Apr 7, 2010 ... Monsanto warned on Wednesday that full-year results would likely be at the low end .... farmer's field just so happen to have the wind blow seed is theirs. Then Monsanto sues the farmer who had seeds land in his field. ...
     www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6362DI20100407 - Cached
     Oct 04, Myth & Necessity of GM Free Zone - Seeds of Deception
     Canadian Percy Schmeiser was sued by Monsanto when the company's herbicide ... license or their plants are contaminated by wind blown pollen or insects, ... Soybeans, for example, do not cross pollinate, yet at least half of the bags of ...
     www.seedsofdeception.com/Public/Newsletter/.../index.cfm - Cached
     Monsanto Seed Company Sues Farmer After its Seeds Blow Into His ...
     In Canada, a farmer who used his own seeds, was sued by Monsanto because some of ... Monsanto seeds cross pollinated with the farmers crops, producing plants that carry .... Solar Power, Technology, Tribal People, Water, wind energy ...
     twilightearth.com/.../monsanto-seed-company-sues-farmer-after-its-seeds-blow-int
o-his-field-genetically-altering-his-crop/ - Cached - Similar
     The Conflict
     Farmers buying Monsanto's seed must sign a contract promising to buy fresh seed ... seed could easily have blown on to his soil from passing canola-laden trucks. ... "If it gets in by wind or cross-pollination, that doesn't matter." ...
     www.percyschmeiser.com/conflict.htm - Cached - Similar
     t r u t h o u t | GMO Contamination in Mexico's Cradle of Corn
     Dec 11, 2008... in Mexico - where wind-blown pollination of corn is the norm and where .... Perhaps the farmers should sue Monsanto for contamination of ...
     www.truth-out.org/121208D - Cached

Showing results for monsanto sues for wind blown pollination. Search instead for the original terms: monsanto sues for wind blown pollenation

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 09/02/10 at 05:35:52

Iveread about farmers beibg sued who had never bought a thng from them. I am aware of cross pollenation from their crap destroying organic farms. Avery real threat to the environment is from GMO crops & instead of the Greeenies fighting that fight, theyve got them on a fools errand, fighting global warming..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #23 - 09/02/10 at 05:42:39

Don't worry JOG, Vanity Fair and the other check out magazines at very grocery store are beginning to run stories on why food prices are shooting up ....  all the women are getting up in arms over it.

The women will handle it.   Every politician has a wife.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #24 - 09/02/10 at 05:54:26

I was reading the reputable few sources from that google search and came across something new (to me. anyway).

""Public sentiment is negative. It is my duty to adopt a cautious, precautionary, principle-based approach," said Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh (India) at a press conference earlier this month. Ramesh announced that more studies were needed to make sure that Bt Eggplant -- genetically engineered to contain insecticide derived from the bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) -- can be declared safe for consumers and the environment."

Monsanto is cutting genes from bacteria now and sticking it into eggplant DNA.

I'm waiting for "protein enhanced" salad greens and other stranger than fiction results from this geome revolution.   Everything that was predicted by science fiction writers in years past tends to come true, you know.

Wink

More neat stuff .....

Ya gotta drill down into these things to get to the meat of the truth, but here seems to be is a good hit on the current state of things in the GM food front.    

Apparently Bill Gates wife Melinda has done had that little talk with him concerning screwing around with her grandchildren's food.

(hee hee)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/monsanto

P.S.  don't just take it all at face value, drill down into the sources that are given, then drill down again until you hit the reputable original sources (like the Seattle Times fer example).  

Trust real newspapers and published legal reviews and peer association published papers from professors, etc.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #25 - 09/02/10 at 06:36:10

.............  and now, the original heading of this post is water over the dam.

Melinda Gates has talked hubby Bill out of supporting Monsanto's attempt to gain a monopolistic foothold in the India food supply.  

India's politicians have rejected the GM seed / chemical over spray business model and the self-poisoning BT gene enhanced green veggies too.

And you all are aware of how YOUR FOOD IS BEING FOOKED WITH and perhaps your grandkids may not have grandkids because of it .....

(remember, the male lab rats balls turned blue and fell off)

Shocked   Shocked Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked  

Huh    is this shite for real?  

Grin      
Well, the Seattle Times newspaper, the Wall Street Journal and the Securities and Exchange Commission seem to think so.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012751169_gatesmonsanto29m.html

« Last Edit: 09/02/10 at 11:36:47 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #26 - 09/02/10 at 08:27:48

Ok so I just read this thread and still don't know what the theory is.  I get a vague sense that the Gates Foundation is trying to hurt Africa and India by investing in Monsanto, but nothing specific is put forth as to what the evil plot is.  

I hate Microsoft as much as the next guy, and we're all aware of many slimy moves Microsoft has done.  But the Gates Foundation has a reputation as one of the most efficient charities out there, in terms of lives saved per dollar spent.  Gates has a sort of dual personality as a shark businessman turned phliantroper.  

So I am curious to know exactly what the theory is concerning Monsanto.  It could be that Gates wants to buy himself a powerful voice in Monsanto, so he can steer the research more toward the goals of his foundation, or at least get them to loosen their legal strings.  It could be a Microsoft style embrace-and-kill strategy.  The deal could be driven by Monsanto to boost their image by association with a reputable charity.  Or maybe Gates has studied Monsanto, or has inside info, and just sees it as a buy low/sell high opportunity that will help the foundation.  What is the theory?

Genetically modified plants are not a bad idea per se.  I have a house plant, this geranium that's been crossed with citronella grass.  It is marketed as a "mosquito fighter plant"  and came with a tag that says "propagation is a proprietary right" blah blah blah.  Rub one of its leaves and it just REEKS of citronella.. very cool.  Like other citronella products, the plant does not repel mosquitoes, but at least it's a good air freshener.  Since I'm not a big fan of "intellectual property" that does not deliver on its claim, I do my best to cut clones and distribute them to all my friends.  Muahahahahahhah.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #27 - 09/02/10 at 09:54:47

The start of it was a casual statement by Gates in a press briefing that the FDA et al would "take care" of the third world overpopulation issue.   Sounded like a nonsensical statement at the time, didn't it?

Then some people noted that Gates was investing heavily in Monsanto through the Gates Foundation.   Monsanto that was heavy into genetic manipulation of food crops.    Supposedly Gates Foundation and Monsanto were going to cooperate to help end world hunger in India and third world countries by introducing Monsanto genetically modified grains and greens to the poor starving ignorant India peasants.   This was their stated purpose, anyway.

People also discovered that Monsanto BT gene enhanced greens of several different varieties had been fed to lab rats in independent university tests, rats that could produce no fourth generation due to testicular atrophy after eating the shite for 100% of their diet for a whole generation or three.  

(such long term tests are now being redone for confirmation by many different universities and departments of this and that.  
Be interesting to see how they all turn out)   Wink

Suspicious minds connected the dots to Bill's interesting statement.   A furor was raised on the net that alerted the India Government officials who just now decided not to have anything to do with Monsanto's gene altered veggies pending a full testing review and full ecological workup.    

BTW, we are already eating the shite here in America because our carefully bribed FDA politicians simply didn't do a full testing review nor an ecological workup on the BT modification because Monsanto said it wasn't necessary.  

Undecided   so kiss your bees & butterflies goodbye when that BT gene mod hops from plant species to plant species to plant species    Undecided

You see, them India Indians happen to like having lots of great great grand kids, lots of bees and butterflies ....
its a cultural thing with them folks over there.    

Us America, not so much apparently (or else our government is stupid or crooked or mebbe both).

Bill Gates was getting BLASTED by the negative publicity and his wife Melinda was contacted by the She Who Must Not Be Named and told to have her hubby lay off the Monsanto deal -- you see women in general tend to like having great great grandkids too.

Then, as usual around here the thread went many different places not all of which had a dam thing to do with the topic.

clear as mud now?

Cheesy

(I enjoyed it anyway, almost as good as an oil war !!)   Wink

« Last Edit: 09/02/10 at 12:41:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #28 - 09/02/10 at 11:25:10

Things are really looking bad,Globe warming and now this,And 2012 right around the corner. Undecided

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #29 - 09/02/10 at 11:30:54

That's OK Bill, let's go to McDonalds and eat us a HiPro lettuce McSalad.  It's 15% of your daily protein and vitamin requirement according to Monsanto and the FDA ....

Grin

Hey Bill Gates, now exactly what sort of protein did you guys splice into that there lettuce?  

OK, now what the heck is this Soylent Green stuff anyway?   How can it be "100% digestible by humans and is 5 times more effective for human nutrition than beef or pork"?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 23:34:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › bill gates,, Eugenicist?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.