Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
bill gates,, Eugenicist? (Read 339 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
bill gates,, Eugenicist?
08/27/10 at 18:07:11

http://www.seattleglobaljustice.org/2010/08/for-immediate-release-gates-found...

Well, if not, hes sure not investing to do things thatarent harmful. Hell, I would never invest a dine in Monsanto, even IF I knew it would make a dollar. Be like investing in the rope Ill be hung by.

Ohh, Ill answer the ??,,, YES, he is..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: bill gates,, Eugenicist?
Reply #1 - 08/29/10 at 06:42:55

to quote from the article "Monsanto has already negatively impacted agriculture in African countries. For example, in South Africa in 2009, Monsanto’s genetically modified maize failed to produce kernels and hundreds of farmers were devastated"

Excuse me but how much can you negatively impact agriculture in Africa? I mean, could Monsanto do worse??? Africa is a dung hole. Greatest source of natural resources on the planet controlled by a series of warlords content with their backward living, 40 year life spans and misery for everyone during those  short lives. Yea, it would be a shame if some company managed to develop some kind of agriculture there with techniques a little more modern than the 1700's....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 08/29/10 at 09:13:00

You dont know much about Monsatan, do ya Mark?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/29/10 at 17:04:13

I live in St. Louis, of course I know about Monsanto. I don't subscibe to the "Monsanto genetics are killing the known world" viewpoint, no.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 08/29/10 at 17:15:54

Then, you are clueless about what theyre actualy doing.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/30/10 at 04:52:08

okay jog, what? Monsanto is trying to develop genetically engineered seeds that out perform the competition so they can capture a larger market share? Wow.... how novel of them.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 08/30/10 at 09:10:36

If thats all it did, no prob, but that isnt how it works. GM foods create serious problems, But, In order to know about it, youll need to go look for info on that. Its too involved to be dragging in one support after another to show you.
Notice how many Bees are gone? Look to GM crops.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/30/10 at 09:42:45

you conspiracy guys need to get on the same page, I thought the bee story was due to global warming.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 08/30/10 at 10:03:08

Monsanto?... is about money,... not sinister evil, nor humanitarian...  but, I wouldn't trust them to do the right thing, unless it made money....

Bill Gates a eugenicist?... right up there with Richard Gere is gay, and Obama is a Muslim...  nuckin' futs...

... and don't worry about the bees,... they all came here... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #9 - 08/30/10 at 11:19:14

Serowbot wrote on 08/30/10 at 10:03:08:
Monsanto?... is about money,... not sinister evil, nor humanitarian...  but, I wouldn't trust them to do the right thing, unless it made money....

Bill Gates a eugenicist?... right up there with Richard Gere is gay, and Obama is a Muslim...  nuckin' futs...

... and don't worry about the bees,... they all came here... Huh...

Well there must be zillions of bees I thought they all came here.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 08/31/10 at 01:03:40

Monsanto GM modified crop foods are:

1) expensive seeds to purchase

2) require you to spray the crop with Roundup (which ain't cheap) to make it "work"

3) give you a 25% reduced yield to the natural varieties local to your area (this hurts, not helps overall food production).

4) are mono-sourced from one US variety and are prone to certain specific plant diseases that are running more rampant now that most of the XX crop is the Monsanto variety

(think Irish Potato Famine for the last time this sort of thing happened on a world scale)

5) are genetic dominants -- pollen blown by the wind is converting all existing "other" types to the Monsanto patented genome by natural air borne pollination.

6) once 25% of your existing natural variety of say, canola seed gets contaminated (pollinated) by Monsanto pollen from your neighbor's fields, then Monsanto lawyers show up to sue you for 25% of the value of your crop because you stole their patented technology -- and they win because they have a strong representation of ex-board members sitting on the FDA and the EPA and working for and on the Congressional oversight committees for Patent Office, FDA and EPA and all the legal apparatus that sits behind that.  
Monsanto contributes more $$$ to those control and oversight groups of politicians than any other source.   Your current sitting Secretary of the FDA was a Monsanto board member fer chrissakes.

7) you are automatically sued now if you save seed from this years crop to seed next years crop for whatever percentage Monsanto's sampling of your fields shows that Monsanto's patented genome shows up in your fields -- even if you can prove you NEVER bought their seed or never even used roundup on your fields EVER ....   This is Monsanto's way of forcing you to buy their seeds each year to seed your fields.   And it is working.

8) If you fight them Monsanto winds up owning your farm after you go belly up with the legal costs of fighting them endlessly and losing ... and losing .... and losing.

9) and to pull my cork completely, Monsanto just went to the International World Seed Bank that is under the permafrost in Greenland and drew some of all varieties of all sorts of seeds AND IS CURRENTLY GENETICALLY MODIFYING AND PATENTING EVERY SEED TYPE NOT ALREADY COVERED BY A US PATENT (and that is all the old heirloom varieties that the World Seed Bank was set up to preserve in case of plant disease)  After the patent paperwork goes through, Monsanto owns that crop completely too, including all the backup varieties that folks might try to go to in case they get sick of paying the yearly Monsanto Food Tax.

10) Monsanto owns over 93% of the large commercial seed companies in the world at this point in time (bought most, sued some).   Monsanto patents control over 90% of the cereal grain varieties that currently planted, and at the rate of cross contamination of the 20% of large commercial farms who are  holding out against them (who are already under legal action BTW) they will own those farms within 5 years or they will toe the line and pay Monsanto to seed their fields 100% each spring.

11) by working diligently on the seed bank seeds for all other crops, Monsanto is teeing  themselves up to own it all by 2025
(using their successful modify, patent, sell and sue business model).

12) Monsanto is working within the legal systems of each major market segment of Europe and Asia to extend their patents to all nations.  As each nation allows them the patent right to their genetically modified seeds within 15 years Monsanto will own the food production in those countries.

===================================

Now, why do I give a shite about this topic?

Monsanto's initial Round Up plant was in Fayetteville NC where I live and I have watched proudly as the Monsanto success story unfolded over the years into a friggin food monster that now begins to remind me more of the Umbrella Corp from the SiFi series Resident Evil.  

All they really have to do is fook up just once and they can really starve us all or kill us all off with some unintended side effect.

And like Umbrella Corp, they own us because they own all our food.

=============================

Several European nations are currently suing Monsanto for contaminating their food supplies with "undesired genetic manipulations" -- Monsanto got caught seeding shipments of normal seeds with a low percentage of GM seeds, enough to prep that country for their business model.

or

If you are disposed to think well of them, well then they can't control their GM stuff spreading around any better than anyone else can.   And since they own all the durn seed companies, well shucks folks -- it was jest a little accident.

.... and oh by the way, our sampling of your fields show that you owe us 32.7% of the value of your crop due to infringing on our patented genome features ....      Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #11 - 08/31/10 at 01:33:41

Speaking of getting dumb and greedy and fooking up big-time --

Monsanto genetically modified a bent grass for golf courses so it was Round Up proof.   Even their tame EPA and FDA choked on this because bent grass is genetically similar to a whole host of weeds and they told them "NO GO, kemosabe.  
Don't do it."

Monsanto had already gone ahead and done it, of course.

Guess what is showing up wild in fields all around the development area now ....

Golf, anyone?

What?  Bent grass?  It's in a crop field?  With our genetic marker in it?  And no herbicide can kill it?  

Woopsie ....

Aw shucks, it wuz an accident ....

And what is really sad is the genetic marker apparently can move to other members of the bent grass family -- most of which are called by another name ....

wiregrass weeds

Following the European model, every farmer who gets affected should sue Monsanto for "undesired genetic manipulation" and swack them off a nice big juicy chunk of that well fattened Monsanto meat.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=genetically-modified-crop

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 08/31/10 at 06:58:21

Aaaaand,, Back to you, Mark

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/31/10 at 10:43:41

I'm sure there is more than a little fuzzy math and opinion in those dozen reasons above.

for example, there cannot be a 25% reduction in yield plus higher expense. That makes no sense, why would any company make the product or why would anyone buy it??? I just flat out don't believe that claim.

also, I suspect the details about lawsuits due to downwind contaimination are more urban myth than reality. But on the other hand, I wouldn't have guessed the law would say a government can take my house and sell it to a developer because he can bring in more tax revenue so I' not positive.

I have read about the requirement to use all the seeds purchased in a single season, but I don't know the reasoning behind it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 08/31/10 at 14:08:31

But on the other hand, I wouldn't have guessed the law would say a government can take my house and sell it to a developer because he can bring in more tax revenue so I' not positive.

Proof of a desire fot truth is above, so, IF youll spend some time looking into Monsatans actions & policies & how theyvedestroyed some farmers, then youll be on yerway..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 12:28:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › bill gates,, Eugenicist?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.