Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cargo bungee net (Read 133 times)
DrunkenDwarf

Morning Zombie

Seattle, WA
cargo bungee net
08/18/10 at 11:37:31

I don't have saddle bags, sissy bar, or luggage rack. I'd like a way to carry stuff other than a backpack. Has anyone used a bungee net to strap gear to the pillion? What size do you recommend? Any issues?

Thanks.

-D. Dwarf

Pearl White 2007 S40; Dyna exhaust; Current jets: 52.5 w/ bleed (2 turns out) / 1.5mm (0.06") spacer / 150; raptor petcock
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Re: cargo bungee net
Reply #1 - 08/18/10 at 12:04:13

Bungee nets are good. Held my stuff in place for 600 miles.

FSO
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #2 - 08/18/10 at 12:14:04

I have had a couple.  They were small things, maybe a foot square or so.  Bike Bandit had one on sale that I got when I bought somethig else for a $2-3.  It was really nice.

Sometimes the dollar stores (dollar tree, everything is a buck, those type places) have the nets and you can ever get different colors!  Those are not near as nice as the bikebandit one, but they worked just as good.  

I really like them and like Joe have had no problems with mine.  It is kind of tricky figuring out where to hook them on the pillion, I ususally used the sissy bar, under the fender, under the seats or wherever I could find.  I think they are great for single items or small items in a bag.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #3 - 08/18/10 at 15:48:50

I use a cargo net. Its about 1' x 1' and expands to wrap around whatever you are carrying. It has 6 hooks to hook onto under the seat or where ever works. Had it for 3 years and it is very handy. I think it was around $20.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/18/10 at 18:46:58

I use one all the time.
I use some small bungees tied to the 2 front corners to extend it to the shock mounts, really saves from having to overstretch it.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 08/18/10 at 19:34:46

yess er rebob
bungie nuts on the top of the shocks..
there are different sizes nets got a balck and a red
30 pac of pbr no prob!!!

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pabst 2006

Thump Thump KERPOW!

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 08/24/10 at 17:48:47

you got my attention with that thumperclone.... !  Smiley

For large loads I use a cargo net, front end hooks go onto the shiny metal shock mounts, back end hooks go to the back of the fender, or the 2 holes near the license plate if you don't want to scratch the paint on the fender...

Day-to-day tasks utilize an adjustable bungee cord, auto parts stores or walmart/target have them too.  Ran about 7 bucks for a pack of 2, 24" I think at their shortest length, I hook them under the fender on one side, up and over the pillion seat (and cargo) and under the fender on the other side.  I had good results with the stock IRC tire, but when I replaced with a Pirelli 140/90-15 on the rear, I had to relocate due to some rubbing - your results may vary - it may depend on your rear tire size and rear shock preload setting.

The 2 adjustable bungees work great holding down anything from a folded-up bike cover and rain gear, to a 30-pack of PBR, to a small suitcase.

-Pabst

2008 S40 - Red
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:20:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › cargo bungee net

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.