Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sportster 883 exhaust (Read 139 times)
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Sportster 883 exhaust
08/13/10 at 18:32:53

Just wondering if anyone has ever used a Harley Sportster exhaust on their savage?  If so how easy was it to install and how did it work out?
Thanks for the input.

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Sportster 883 exhaust
Reply #1 - 08/13/10 at 19:20:38

Grin Grin Grin...

Yup,... almost everyone has...

It's a very common mod... See the tech section for details.

Just make sure you don't use a muffler with a crossover tube... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #2 - 08/14/10 at 07:23:53

Cross over tube?  Also do the mufflers have baffles in them or are they straight through?  I have a chance to buy one that almost looks like a straight pipe?  it said oem harley 883 on it but didnt know if it would be worth the hassle.  Kinda new to this whole modification thing- trying to do it right though.  By the way- nice looking bike!

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 08/14/10 at 07:48:29

... a crossover tube, is a small 3/4" tube that comes out of the side of some Sporty muffs and joins the two mufflers at the front end near the exhaust pipe connection... If you get one like that, you have to block that hole and it looks kinda' silly...
So,... no crossover tube...
Stock Sporty pipes like mine are baffled. but some people drill them out... don't buy a drilled out one unless you like setting off the neighbors car alarm...
They can be very loud... the stock Sporty sounds plenty good...
I bought a pair on ebay for 25 bucks... The first one burned through at 16k miles, so keep them both...

You do need to make a spacer between the pipe and the muffler, a strip of tin can works... and grunty noises help when getting the muffler to line up straight...

There are also rail and tab mounts on different HD model mufflers... either will work, but the rail mount doesn't require drilling a new mount hole and is an easier job... Mine is a tab mount... 'cause I did mine before I knew better...

Rail mount looks like this...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 12:30:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sportster 883 exhaust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.